Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page and Layer Gallery issue

X10: For whatever reason I cannot add pages to this gallery. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Page and Layer Gallery issue

Hi Gilbert, in the Page & Layer Gallert ensure you've got the Page selected (the small page thumbnail) and not a layer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg that doesn't appear to be the problem, still looking.

I don't exactly understand this has never happened before. I cannot add pages to the site build.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Problem.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	111098

Is the document a "Photo" document? Photo documents can only have one page and so the page controls are greyed out in them.

You can check by opening the Options dialog, going to the General tab and looking at the "Document type" field.

Phil

Phil, thank you. In document editing it says "Photo" but the option is greyed out and will not allow a change. I wonder if I delete the page, then do options if it will allow anything different.

not to step on Phil's toes cos he's the one who figured it out... but...

won't matter. it's a Photo template and they can only have one page. your page needs to be on a different template - your default, web, whatever. just not a template that has a "Document Type" of Photo

No I don't think that will work.

The best thing to do is to make sure you've got a backup of your Photo document, then create a new blank document of the type you want (Web page, US Letter, or whatever) and then Cut everything from the photo document and use "Paste in place" to paste it into the new document so that you keep the relative positions of everything.

Remember to unlock all layers and make all layers visible in the Photo document before you start copying.

By using Cut, you'll be able to see anything that has been left behind in the Photo doc and then Cut and Paste-in-Place those things across to the new doc too.

Phil

You guys are terrific..thank you. Here's what I did, it was a playing process, and I'm surprised my very first WEBsite worked even. Yes it was set up as a phot..wrong! I started a new window, the first thing I did was begin a new blank page. The basic WEB sizes when you begin a new page strike me as useless, probably because I don't know better nor don't understand the whys and wherefores. I created the largest, seven hundred something pixels, and then went in Page Options and made the page size I needed that would fit the graphics; the manual was no help. I then pasted the graphics in the lead page and voila I could create new pages. The secondary pages are shorter, so I created the second page, went back into Page Options and made the page adjustments accordingly so that the graphics would fit just right on the background, etc. The issue is resolved! The input was most helpful, again thanks you guys for heading me in the right direction. It was a learning experience.