Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default New brushes Stored Where

Hi,
    I attempted to create a brush but don't know where it is stored...I had to make 3 versions to get the desired look so want to delete my first two
    JIm
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: New brushes Stored Where

In the line gallery under document brushes Jim
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks here is the image I am attempting to create brush from
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abrbed wire.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	111048  
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

As Egg mentioned you can use the Line Gallery to remove a brush that is not being used in your document. Simply right click on the brush in the line gallery and from the context menu that pops up click delete. Note: you can not delete the brushes that come with the program. that context menu also has two more handy items: copy brush graphic to the clipboard and rename. rename in particular is handy if you have a bunch of unnamed brushes when experimenting you can go in later and rename the ones you want to keep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Here's one I did a couple of years back.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg...I knew I had seen one here but couldn't find it LOL..Better than mine turned out.
    Much appreciated.
    Jim

Here's a new one created using the new art brush.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Thanks for the new brushes...still haven't found the line gallery LOL...my computer has 3 Hardrives...so where I have stuff is a good question...LOL Organization isn't my strong point...
    JIm

The built in brush files are stored in 'your Xara program directory'\Templates\ENG\Brushes to have a brush always available you would need to save the file to this directory. replace 'your program directory' with the location of your Xara program.

The lines gallery is under the menu 'utilities\galleries' it is not a folder on your computer. At the top of the lines gallery are the current document brushes.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365