Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Animated text over images

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes this views just fine, and I see it is an html file. Is the Background transparent? And if so, what's the secret. I can generate these html files via other software just cant get transparency.

Thanks a lot for your help btw!

Hi again Mike,

First off, the html file was created as a swf file, uploaded to Swiffy, and saved as an html file. Just to confirm the conversion is still working

By default the Swiffy generated html file is NOT transparent. But it's easy to fix (It was changed but now works as before).

See HERE

If you need to make the background transparent, as done by the wmode="transparent" attribute, you can insert the following code snippet in the Swiffy output, just before the call to stage.start():
    stage.setBackground(null);
    You can also replace the null with any valid CSS color specification string to override the background color from the one defined in the conversion.

Try the attachment, preview to see the results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yep, that's exactly what I am trying to achieve. The link is now working with Swiffy, it was an Ad-blocker that was enabled! Now I have the HTML file.

Now to insert this....(I'm hoping do view and edit locally on my machine)

Did you first upload the file to your to your website, then link to it via the iframe?
    Secondly, where on earth does that snippet get put? Im a newbie at this.

Did you first upload the file to your to your website, then link to it via the iframe?
    Correct.

Secondly, where on earth does that snippet get put? Im a newbie at this.
    Once you save the Swiffy html file & save it, open it in a Notepad or similar, and search for stage.start(): then insert stage.setBackground(null); just above it. Save, and that will ensure a transparent background.
    Egg

Thanks for all your help, Im just about there

Egg