Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Info Searching in Design Gallery

This may sound pretty basic, but I can't get it to work in P&GD11.
    I was looking for a graphic element of a "ribbon of film" or "filmstrip", in which I might place a few pictures.
    I went to the Design Gallery, clicked on More... and selected "Find".
    I entered "Filmstrip" and clicked on Find First. Nothing happened (so not even a message that there were no search results).
    Entered "Film" - again nothing.
    Then I started scrolling through Clipart, but decided this was going to take forever. I noted the name of one Clipart graphic: Sun.
    I entered "Sun" (again: an existing clipart) - nothing.
    I clicked on Help. The procedure I used is described there as
    Searching for an item name

You can search, for example, for all names containing the word red:

1.Choose "More" > "Find".
    2.Type "red" into the text box.
    3.Select "Search Names & Keywords" to search only the item names, e.g. file, color, etc., or "Search All Information" to search the names and keywords available in some galleries.

Obviously, I tried that... I mean followed the steps verbatim, searching for "red". Nothing happens. So that Find function does not seem to do anything
    So how do I search for a specific element in the Gallery, because having a gallery with many cool items in it is pretty useless if you cannot search, but rather have to go through each category and actually look for what you want?

I ended up making the "filmstrip" myself, which ended up being fun to figure out, and looks okay. However, I was sort of hoping for a flowing ribbon filmstrip and what I have now is a rectangle with no curves. Oh well.

David
    Last edited by DBoydNL; 23 November 2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Fixed typo's, added a step.