Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to name images for SEO

I have used the compress image button
    Do you mean Optomise Image?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

hi yes I have optimised the images, but is there any other optermisation that can be done ie compressing the files ??

One of the best sites I've found for analizing a site is:

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

One of their recommendations is often to gzip your images. I've used this on a few occasions and it's uped the speed results, but I can't recall how exactly I did this now. (Seniour moment!)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    One of the best sites I've found for analizing a site is:

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

One of their recommendations is often to gzip your images. I've used this on a few occasions and it's uped the speed results, but I can't recall how exactly I did this now. (Seniour moment!)
    The way to do it would be through a .htaccess file by adding something like

# BEGIN GZIP
    <ifmodule mod_deflate.c>
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/text text/html text/plain text/xml text/css application/x-javascript application/javascript
    </ifmodule>
    # END GZIP

does that sound familiar?

I renamed 16 images on a page using the instructions above and when I preview (not upload) the page in a browser, none of the images are the name I specified, they are still the random number assigned by Xara. However, I renamed one image on another page and it does show the name I gave it.

All the renamed images show up with the name I gave them in the "Names" dialog box.

The only difference between the 16 images that don't rename and the one that does, is that the images that don't rename have spaces in the name after "filename=" and the one that does has just one word and no spaces.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Can you attach your xar file John?
    Egg