Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: H1 Tag runing SEO ALARMING

Hi Derek,

You could just attach a one page xar file here to see if we can see the problem, else:

http://support.xara.com/
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Pauland thank you for your input but the proof is in the pudding I am on the first page for a single word "Alpacas" I am number 7 I was number 4 until the problem with the H1 tag started.
    Its all very well having a nice looking site if no one is going to see it?
    regards Derek

I'd like to think that there are other reasons for your success, besides fussing over H1 tags.

It may well be that some of your competition had a few more back-link references or changed content while you were fussing over H1.

I am on the first page for a single word "Alpacas" I am number 7 I was number 4 until the problem with the H1 tag started.
    Derek, I can't find any site created with Xara searching Google for "Alpacas" in the first 12 listed sites. TG members are trying to assist you, perhaps you could give us a link to your site and attach the xar page that's giving you the double H1 issue?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

HI I don't mean to sound rude sorry!
    you are probably only seeing local search results, that is the problem with google now your searches are guided by your location either your ip or phone settings or browser! its not an easy game any more that is why I am a bit anal
    the page is https://www.alpacas-hampshire.co.uk there is a H1 tag there that is not on the page with in xara ? well not that I can see
    regards Derek

Hi Derek, If I look at your page source it gives one h1 section:

<h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1" style="top: -29px;margin:0;">Alpacas adopt &#38; walk</h1>

although I can't find

"Alpacas adopt & walk" on your page.

Try deleting your index_htm_files folder & re-publish your website.
    Egg

Forgot to mention, if you change language to Japenes for example, there's no option to return to English.
    Egg

The site is using variants and the H1 is on the mobile variant, you can see this if you resize the browser width down. If you have a H1 on the mobile variant and a H1 on the desktop variant then you'll end up with two h1 tags in the page source code but I don't think that is anything to really worry about unless you added lots of them.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Good find xtom.
    Egg

HI I have just had a report back from a customer whos site I built also stating the H1 tags are showing up twice so this is obviously a BUG in Xara, who would I need to talk to to get this fixed?