Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default H1 Tag runing SEO ALARMING

Hi has anyone else got this issue?
    I have now built the website and working hard on the seo.
    I have noticed that I have not been ranking very well and invested in some seo software
    what I have is established is if I put a h1 heading at the top of the page, for some reason it puts it on the page twice within the background code source!!
    If I delete the heading it shows as no heading or H1 tags so the seo will not do well in the ranking and then when I put the heading back in the software and I have tried 4 different types shows the H1 tag twice in the source code

any advise most welcome but if it is a bug in Xara then we will all be suffering low rankings

Regards Derek

Default Re: H1 Tag runing SEO ALARMING

Quote Originally Posted by Hensting View Post
    Hi has anyone else got this issue?
    I have now built the website and working hard on the seo.
    I have noticed that I have not been ranking very well and invested in some seo software
    what I have is established is if I put a h1 heading at the top of the page, for some reason it puts it on the page twice within the background code source!!
    If I delete the heading it shows as no heading or H1 tags so the seo will not do well in the ranking and then when I put the heading back in the software and I have tried 4 different types shows the H1 tag twice in the source code

any advise most welcome but if it is a bug in Xara then we will all be suffering low rankings

Regards Derek
    Derek, you are over analysing the source code.
    It is probably duplicated to handle presentation for different browsers, especially Internet Explorer.

Most SEO is common sense: good content, alternative text for images, focused page name and a smattering of meta description.
    Register with Google Webmasters and include a sitemap.

In the end though, the more links to your site from others, effectively endorsing it, the better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HI Acorn thank you for getting back,

I disagree I am not over analysing a number of top quality seo software is reporting that I have duplicate source code!
    it is mentioned twice? and this will penalise the page with goggle.
    so why is it putting it in twice?

regards Derek

Use Styles. Select the text for your heading and apply the Heading style from the Styles drop down list. This adds the H1, H2, H3 tags to your text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	styles.png 
Views:	260 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	111008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tags.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	111009  

HI thank you for getting back to me,
    yes that is what I am doing I choose the H1 heading but it reports it twice in the code.
    strange thing is I deleted the word off of my home page and it still reports I have the word as a h1 on the page. but when I tried to do that with the other pages all of the software including bings webmaster tools says I don't have a h1 heading, then put it back and it says bad seo I have it twice

regards Derek

There will always be an opening and closing H1 tag <H1> </H1>

I'm with Acorn here.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Derek, if you have a text line with it repeated as a rollover on the MouseOver layer then this will report back with two H1s, e.g.:
    <div class="xr_ap xr_xri_" style="width: 960px; height: 1000px;">
    <div class="Heading_1" style="position: absolute; left:55px; top:141px; width:235px; height:10px;">
    <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1" style="top: -21.73px;margin:0;"><a href="#" onclick="return(xr_nn());" onmousemove="xr_mo(this,0)" ><span class="Heading_1" style="">cupidatat tempor<span class="xr_e1"> <div class="Heading_1 xr_ro xr_ro0 xr_tt3" style="position: absolute; left:0px; top:22px; width:235px; height:10px;color:#7FFF81;">
    <h1 class="xr_tl Heading_1" style="top: -21.73px;color:#7FFF81;margin:0;">cupidatat tempor</h1>
    </div>
    Other than this, I can only speculate that you have left a fragment of a text line with an H1 tag.

Either upload the xara file or the resulting source code so someone can have a look for you.

Again, SEO is common sense; Google does not trawl around punishing sites for such transgressions. On the other hand SEO tool vendors have a living to make.
    Overusing H1 tags. Correctly structuring content helps with SEO. The H1 tag helps Google to understand what the page is about. Excessive H1 tags could be seen as an attempt to pump Google’s listing with keywords.
    If there is a fault with your page, I'm sure we can correct it.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

HI thank you for all the information but I still have the problem, it not on all pages though, I think it is somehow related to title tag, because I can delete the h1 title completely but it still reports its there but only once!
    I have checked behind images and the mouse layer but not there.
    who would I send the xara site file to to have a look?
    regards Derek

also if you take a look at this page it is number 1 on google for the search word alpaca walking https://www.alpacas-hampshire.co.uk/alpaca-walking.htm
    and I have had to delete the title as I explained but it is still showing it somwhere

Derek, I'd concentrate on good content rather than what some automated system is saying.

Unless you want the page to appeal just to robots, of course.

I'd agree that there's just too much analysis going on here.