Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Please Help - A bug needs fixing. Xara Slideshow Generator

Hi Dear Xara Web Designer 11 Premium Users

I have discovered a small but annoying bug in Xara's NEW slideshow generator.
    It's great but for one issue:
    Once a selection of slides with transitions finishes and it goes back to the first slide (in a loop) it jumps from the last slide back to the first, instead of completing the loop with another transition.
    I like to use simple fade transitions. It should surely seamlessly transition from the end to the beginning in an eternal loop...

I have contacted Xara Support about this several times, since 11 first came out back in July.
    Initially they said they were aware of the issue and would fix it.
    Five months on it's still not fixed and when asked again they said not enough people have complained about the bug for it to be a priority to fix!
    This bug seriously spoils an otherwise excellent slideshow.
    This was Xara supports comment 'I can only report the bug occurrences to the developers and it's up to management to direct the urgency of fixes that need doing. If only a small number of people report a problem it doesn't get as much movement as other bugs which are repeatedly reported.'

So I figured if all of you helped me can complain about this issue we'd get it sorted. I'm sure many of you would use the slide show generator. It's really good, but for this issue.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Please Help - A bug needs fixing. Xara Slideshow Generator

I've got round this by adding the first slide to the last position as well.
    You then have the transition and jump to the same image.
    It might need a little timing change.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Please Help - A bug needs fixing. Xara Slideshow Generator

Man you are a genius! Why didn't I think of that?
    Many thanks.