Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gallery Slide Show (3 Column) Problem

Well, I have tried just about every way to make this work. But maybe I am going it wrong. First I placed the Slide show on my site. Then I clicked on it so I can edit it. Now the instructions say that if I want portrait, all I need to do is just copy it. So I inserted three portraits side by side, and deleted all the rest in the Galley Slide Show that were Landscape. Then I added my photos and adjusted them so that they were straight and the correct size. Then once all the photos were in, I previewed the page, but all I got was 3 little black boxes with a white "X" in them...no photos. So I went back and noticed that the photos were .png's. So, I took them into photoshop and changed them to .gif''s. But it still didn't work. I get the little black boxes with the white "X" in them. Do they only have to be .jpg's to make that slide show work?

Default Re: Gallery Slide Show (3 Column) Problem

It would help if you told us what slideshow your using
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara's Design Gallery > Page Elements and Widgets (updated) > Photo Elements and Widgets (updated) > Photo Slide Show and Galleries (widgets) > Gallery Slide Show (3 Column)

Here you go Head Coach.

You can resize the widgets height after editing to avoid the scroll bars too.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You may have accidentally removed the names from the pictures. If I do that I can reproduce your problem.
    Otherwise it works fine even with PNG images.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    You may have accidentally removed the names from the pictures. If I do that I can reproduce your problem.
    Otherwise it works fine even with PNG images.
    Interesting, I see from Egg's comment that I can just delete the unwanted picture in the Page Layout Gallery. I was right clicking on the picture and deleting it rather than deleting in the Page Layout Gallery. Maybe that could have been the problem. I will try it again to see if I can make it work. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help in advance....you too Egg!

Thanks guys for your help. The crazy thing is, I did all that stuff and still it didn't work. So for some reason, I rebooted the laptop and tried it again and this time it worked....weird. Anyways, thanks for your help. Now I have a menu problem. I will post a picture.