Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gallery Slide Show (3 Column) Problem

Well, I have tried just about every way to make this work. But maybe I am going it wrong. First I placed the Slide show on my site. Then I clicked on it so I can edit it. Now the instructions say that if I want portrait, all I need to do is just copy it. So I inserted three portraits side by side, and deleted all the rest in the Galley Slide Show that were Landscape. Then I added my photos and adjusted them so that they were straight and the correct size. Then once all the photos were in, I previewed the page, but all I got was 3 little black boxes with a white "X" in them...no photos. So I went back and noticed that the photos were .png's. So, I took them into photoshop and changed them to .gif''s. But it still didn't work. I get the little black boxes with the white "X" in them. Do they only have to be .jpg's to make that slide show work?

Default Re: Gallery Slide Show (3 Column) Problem

It would help if you told us what slideshow your using
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara's Design Gallery > Page Elements and Widgets (updated) > Photo Elements and Widgets (updated) > Photo Slide Show and Galleries (widgets) > Gallery Slide Show (3 Column)

Here you go Head Coach.

You can resize the widgets height after editing to avoid the scroll bars too.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You may have accidentally removed the names from the pictures. If I do that I can reproduce your problem.
    Otherwise it works fine even with PNG images.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    You may have accidentally removed the names from the pictures. If I do that I can reproduce your problem.
    Otherwise it works fine even with PNG images.
    Interesting, I see from Egg's comment that I can just delete the unwanted picture in the Page Layout Gallery. I was right clicking on the picture and deleting it rather than deleting in the Page Layout Gallery. Maybe that could have been the problem. I will try it again to see if I can make it work. I'll let you know. Thanks for your help in advance....you too Egg!

Thanks guys for your help. The crazy thing is, I did all that stuff and still it didn't work. So for some reason, I rebooted the laptop and tried it again and this time it worked....weird. Anyways, thanks for your help. Now I have a menu problem. I will post a picture.