Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Google map widget glitch?

Egg, your idea works somewhat, but I don't really want to show CVS pharmacy on my business website. I did get my work-around idea to work. I put just an image of the google map with my business pinpointed on my page. Then I linked the image to the google map page of my business. From there you can zoom or move the map or get directions if you want and it works correctly. So, good enough for now.

Siran, I did check what you are saying and you are absolutely right. I went to a plain google map, not searching for my business. I zoomed on E Broad St and clicked on various grey rectangles that are the buildings and my building shows up as 229. The interesting thing is that there are 2 buildings that are listed as 257 and I know both are wrong. And across the street, there are 3 buildings listed as 282. And then, even more interesting, one building if you click right at the front of the grey rectangle is listed as 216 E Broad and if you click inside the rectangle it's listed as 125 S Walnut, even though it is 6 houses in from the corner of Broad and Walnut. Google's address information is seriously messed up.

What I don't understand, though, is why when you click to go to "larger map" on my map widget, it would open a page with the map showing my business name pinpointed (no address on the map), but the address in the sidebar with my google business info correct. But when you click to get "directions", then it uses the address it has (incorrect as they have it) instead of still using my business name.

I will send another "mistake report" to google to try to correct my address. I sent 2 other ones the other day because I noticed it has the alleys between Broad and Green streets and also Green and Church streets both listed as Main St. ??!

Thanks again for the help. If that other long post of mine ever shows up from moderation, it can be disregarded as I did get something working.

Default Re: Google map widget glitch?

Egg, your idea works somewhat, but I don't really want to show CVS pharmacy on my business website.
    Obviously I wasn't suggesting you were, but just to show it could show your business location on a directions find, not the wrong address. But as you state, that's one messed up map. I also thought it strange it had two Main Streets
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host