Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Health Dept responsive site with lots of content using XD Pro Premium 10 & XT-CMS 1.9

(Forgot to add our new site here (still have a little tweaking - google search / analytics, page names, etc.))

We are a local governmental Health Department, and have alot of content - not your typical "selling products" easy 4 page website.

www.clintonhealth.org

Karen

Default Re: Health Dept responsive site with lots of content using XD Pro Premium 10 & XT-CMS

Outstanding site Karen!

I suggest adding a more informative Home page title (to search engines) than Home. This goes for the other pages in the site.

It is easy enough to do in Xara. Website Properties > Page > Page Title.

Also was this site created in Xara? The home page source code does not indicate that it was.

Default Re: Health Dept responsive site with lots of content using XD Pro Premium 10 & XT-CMS

Yes, nicely done.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...Also was this site created in Xara? The home page source code does not indicate that it was.
    Yeah, it is.

I'm probably missing something then. I do not see the meta name Xar anywhere in the home page source code.
    <meta name="XAR Files" content="index_html_files/xr_files.txt"/>
    view-source:http://www.clintonhealth.org/#xl_xr_page_home

Which is why I asked the question.

The meta tag is not present. All the rest is Xara application code.

Thanks Gary, yes it completely Xara....and XT-CMS (since we have 57 pages of content to push).

I can't name "each" page as it its a Supersite (for the fancy swooshing part of the site - home page). It does not allow me to name each page with its own title. Whatever I type in the first page Website Properties > Page > Page Title, it populates down to the others.

I've been setting the meta-tags inside the XT-CMS program for the specific topics...ex: go to WIC at the quick links, it should say WIC on your tab of your browser, then view source, you should see the "meta tags" around line 10.

Karen

Got it. Thanks.

Then at least change the title that now appear in the browser tab as Home because this does not tell the search engine anything.

Its is....In web properties / page tab under Page title it says: Clinton County Health Department...and also on page description. Also in web properties / website TAB - Title and Description it says: Clinton County Health Department ....but it still defaults to the page / file name (what you would see in the right page & layer pane for that page, which is called HOME

Bug?

Karen

Hi KarenC,

I haven't seen anyone else with this problem before, if possible can you upload your file here so I may take a look and see if there is any errors or if this is a bug, if you don't want to upload your file here you can contact our support department http://support.xara.com/ and we can give you information on how to send us your file privately so we can look into this further for you.

I think the home page is running through the cms, so in the cms admin area the category name is probably set to "Home" ? If you change the name for the home page category to "Clinton County Health Department" it should take effect.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.