Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default my logo is being exported with EXTREME pixelation

Hi there everyone

First of all thanks for letting me be a part of your forum its great I have stumbled upon a bit of a problem with XARA pro x11, and I'm not sure why it is happening. I've made a logo and wanted to upload it to Gravatar, and it comes out REALLY pixelated. It looks like I just blew up a low res. jpeg. , so weird, because I set the canvas to the specified 80x80 px and even tried making it bigger, but its a no go. I've uploaded both graphics and images to Gravatar before, but from Gimp and there was no problem. When I started the project, I used the blank photo as my template page as that was the only option that allowed for custom setting in px. Is that correct?
    I hope someone knows what I can do because I'm out of ideas.

Kind regards
    Linda

Default Re: my logo is being exported with EXTREME pixelation

How does the export look by dragging the image into your broweser? What size does this site desire?

Fwiw, I always use a photo document for anything that is to be exported to the web. But you can use pixels in any other document type.

Hi Linda.
    Does the forum allow you to upload different formats - such as .png?
    Might be worth trying different formats, if the forum allows.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I popped over to the referenced site. It's a central repository for avatars. There is no specific limit on pixel dimensions. It does warn that if an avatar image is too small one will get pixelated images. Other sites then reference the avatar url code for profiles and avatars. At least WordPress sites and others that allow the profile linkage. The avatar image should work with most all sites.

It would seem to me that this avatar that gets pixilated is being resized upwards on the sites linked to it. Or, the avatar is simply too small to begin with.

I would review the code/requirements for the sites that are going to reference it. An 80x80px image resized to even this sites maximum would look pixilated. So I would determine the max size allowed for the sites I am going to hook into Gravatar, resize my Xara application's version to that size, export and use it at Gravatar and let the other sites downsize it.

The site does allow for transparency, so I too would use PNG.

Mike

Yes and it states it accepts any size bitmap & resizes it Mike, so an 800 x 800 pixel image would do fine but it appears to accept 2048 x 2048 pixel images. It resizes these down to a default 80 x 80 but you can upsize these if requested.

You may request images anywhere from 1px up to 2048px, however note that many users have lower resolution images, so requesting larger sizes may result in pixelation/low-quality images.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Welcome to TalkGraphics, by the way, Linda.

Hi creativemac,

If possible can you upload your file into this thread and tell us the method your using to export the image, this way we can see if its anything to do with the file itself or perhaps the settings you use for exporting. If you do not wish to post your file to an open forum you can send in a support ticket with your file and we can have a look for you, through support.xara.com.

Hi there and thank you ALL for replying. Being new at this forum I could not for the life of me find my own thread back, so sorry for the late reply back. All of your recommendations are spot on and I did actually upload a larger image. But Gravatar has this crop feature, meaning that if it is bigger than your 80x80 pixels then you'll only get half a logo in there at best, but I have decided to skip gravatar because I have come to the conclusion that this problem has nothing to do with Xara. There are several people having this issue with gravatar!
    But now for my second problem with has to do with ME! in my eager try EVERYTHING OUT I have accidentally lost my scroll down menu lol And with it my help index. Could someone please tell me how I get it back or how I set everything back to default? I would really appreciate it and now I know where to look for my threads so I will be A LOT quicker to respond

kind regards
    Linda

Not sure what you're missing Linda, but best to go to Windows / Control Bars / Reset OR if you can't see the menu bar you may be viewing in Full Screen. Try moving your mouse pointer to the top of the window which should show you the menu bar, then select Window and uncheck Full Screen. Or the shortcut is numeric 8 on numeric keypad to toggle between the two.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Rik

thank you so much for replying. I am new here so I had a hard time finding my own thread back sorry I think the problem was with Gravatar, they have a fixed cropping feature and if you upload anything larger than 80x80 px you won't get the full image in there and apparantely a lot of people are having the same issue. So it was a Gravatar issue and not a Xara issue I was wondering if you might be able to help me with another issue though. I have lost my scroll down menu (top of the interface) and therefore also my help menu. Would you happen to know how I get it back?

kind regards
    Linda