Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Space Between Working Pages

DP11 - Would anyone know if there is a way to increase the visible space between two pages of a design document (multi page view)? With multiple pages, the pages are very close together which seems particularly pronounced in a bleed environment.

Thanks in Advance
    Steve...

Default Re: Space Between Working Pages

You can increase the bleed margin (see attached).

Bleed margin refers to the amount of extra space that any object that extends off the page needs to extend. Usually about 1/8".

If you extend this area, if will also increase the space between pages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bleed margin.png 
Views:	87 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	110902  

Thanks Gary, yes I use bleed regularly. I was hoping to be able to change the space between the bleed regions of two pages.

Again thanks for the response. Your contributions cannot be measured o-father of design!

As far as I know there is no way to split apart facing pages, bleed or no bleed.

Mike, I might be wrong, but I believe the space bubbbab is referring to is the vertical space between pages.

That said, while I think increasing the bleed size worked in the past, I just tried it and it does not increase the vertical space between pages.

Could be Gary. Dunno without clarification.

However, increasing the bleed is not a good solution if intended for PDF/Print. Bleed is then increased x2 (top/bottom, left/right) in the PDF. I use X9 for production and the same "failing" is there as well. The ideal would be to be able to control the top and bottom separation like one can opt to do with the side to side "outer margin" setting.

A simple solution is to change to single page view. Then you can see the full pasteboard width around every spread.

Phil

Excellent suggestion Phil.

The less simple solution would be to make Xara applications have the capabilities to have a configurable space below. Or at the very least do it programmatically. Some space would be good in multi-page view.

Yes it is the vertical space between the pages I would like to control, and thanks to Gary, Phil, & Mwenz for such valuable input. I am using single page view as a work around.

Thanks again,
    Steve...