Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Exclamation Failed update for Xara P&GD v11

The update for XP&GD v 11 has downloaded and failed.

"Automatic check failed.
    The update has been checked and is corrupt. Installation has been cancelled.
    Do you want to restart the update process? [Yes] / [No]"

Tried several times now, restarted P&GD to see the same result. Restarted computer, still the same result.

The download doesn't seem to hiccup at all and takes a normal amount of time.

Default Re: Failed update for Xara P&GD v11

I've had similar in the past.
    I deferred an update to a later version and that worked.

If you have no custom settings, deactivate first and then uninstall the application.
    Re-download and activate then check for updates.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'll have a go at that when I've finished this current job. The update would be handy - yes, I have had a few crashes when dragging photos around. Odd though that the update process declares the downloaded file as corrupt. I would have thought that the current installation would have had nothing to do with that.

But what do I know, eh?

And maybe yet another install will give me my .XAR file thumbnails back.

Thanks!

Hi brianlj,

What OS are you using on your machine? Also if you send in a ticket to our support team they should be able to send you a link for a manual download for the patch.

Sorry. I forgot to say that I'm on Vista 32. I'll send a ticket in.

{later}

Ticket submitted.

As a further point on the problem. Today when I go 'Help | Check for updates', all I get is "Welcome to the Xara Community" popup. No check for any update is performed.

I have the same problem as brianlj, and although using the method as Acorn suggests might well work, I really don't think it's right you should have to uninstall the application, lose all your settings and start a fresh. I'll await the reply brianlj gets as regards a manual download, after all my current application (P&GD11) is running fine, it's this new update that's showing corrupt.

Stygg