Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Failed update for Xara P&GD v11

The update for XP&GD v 11 has downloaded and failed.

"Automatic check failed.
    The update has been checked and is corrupt. Installation has been cancelled.
    Do you want to restart the update process? [Yes] / [No]"

Tried several times now, restarted P&GD to see the same result. Restarted computer, still the same result.

The download doesn't seem to hiccup at all and takes a normal amount of time.

Default Re: Failed update for Xara P&GD v11

I've had similar in the past.
    I deferred an update to a later version and that worked.

If you have no custom settings, deactivate first and then uninstall the application.
    Re-download and activate then check for updates.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'll have a go at that when I've finished this current job. The update would be handy - yes, I have had a few crashes when dragging photos around. Odd though that the update process declares the downloaded file as corrupt. I would have thought that the current installation would have had nothing to do with that.

But what do I know, eh?

And maybe yet another install will give me my .XAR file thumbnails back.

Thanks!

Hi brianlj,

What OS are you using on your machine? Also if you send in a ticket to our support team they should be able to send you a link for a manual download for the patch.

Sorry. I forgot to say that I'm on Vista 32. I'll send a ticket in.

{later}

Ticket submitted.

As a further point on the problem. Today when I go 'Help | Check for updates', all I get is "Welcome to the Xara Community" popup. No check for any update is performed.

I have the same problem as brianlj, and although using the method as Acorn suggests might well work, I really don't think it's right you should have to uninstall the application, lose all your settings and start a fresh. I'll await the reply brianlj gets as regards a manual download, after all my current application (P&GD11) is running fine, it's this new update that's showing corrupt.

Stygg

Unhappy Re: Failed update for Xara P&GD v11

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    I have the same problem as brianlj, and although using the method as Acorn suggests might well work, I really don't think it's right you should have to uninstall the application, lose all your settings and start a fresh. I'll await the reply brianlj gets as regards a manual download, after all my current application (P&GD11) is running fine, it's this new update that's showing corrupt.

Stygg
    I'm getting the same message with XDP11, "The update has been checked and is corrupt. Installation has been cancelled. Do you want to restart the update process?" After saying yes for 4 or 5 times, I gave up.
    I'm running X11.2.3.40788 DL x64 Sept 2015. I have a quad core intel 6GB RAM, not positive about graphics card right now.

I too am not too happy about having to uninstall everything and starting from scratch. I'm not all that computer savy, so we're not talking about just 30 minutes. It would be nice to find out why the initial update isn't working rather than having to wait for the next update.

Sorry about the duplicate reply. I now see there is a thread for XDP11, which would be more relevent in my case.

Hi Guys,

This is an error with the patch itself, we are working on fixing it, basically the patch will not run on Windows Vista, we do apologise about this, however we are working on a patch to fix the patch Will let you know when it's ready.

Thanks for that Ben, much appreciated.

Stygg