Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to see page borders (in design mode) when page and pasteboard have same color

Hi jcnassoc,

Have you tried applying a line colour to the page rectangle, then setting this to 0px, this should make it visible in Xara, however will not show when its exported to your site. See attached doc for example.

Whiteline0px.xar

Default Re: How to see page borders (in design mode) when page and pasteboard have same color

Why is Zero px different than None Ben?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

So the way these two settings work is that None, means nothing, no line width. Then 0 is actually the smallest size possible for the output device. So if you set your zoom to 100% and insert two rectangles one set to line width of 0 and one set to line width of 1, they are the exact same, zoom in and the 1px gets zoomed in but the 0 will always be the smallest possible width = 1 pixel. This should be for all outputs, printed, PDF, HTML, and the only reason my solution above works is actually because it's a bug, this should show when published however if no page shadow is present, it doesn't so I like using it as another feature instead of seeing it as a bug :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi Egg,

So the way these two settings work is that None, means nothing, no line width. Then 0 is actually the smallest size possible for the output device. So if you set your zoom to 100% and insert two rectangles one set to line width of 0 and one set to line width of 1, they are the exact same, zoom in and the 1px gets zoomed in but the 0 will always be the smallest possible width = 1 pixel. This should be for all outputs, printed, PDF, HTML, and the only reason my solution above works is actually because it's a bug, this should show when published however if no page shadow is present, it doesn't so I like using it as another feature instead of seeing it as a bug :P

.... and the only reason my solution above works is actually because it's a bug
    Which only goes to show that not all bugs are bad bugs!
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Which only goes to show that not all bugs are bad bugs!
    #bad bugs, bad bugs, what'cha gonna do when they come for you#

May you have the Page Background layer set to non-visible/hide. (yep just happened to me)