Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default AutoCad Files Corrupted

I need to recover my autocad files. Every time I try to open a .dwg file it says "drawing file is not valid".

My HDD crashed and I restored my data using a recovery utility and since then my autocad files cannot open and giving the above messages.

The file sizes are correct. Could anyone direct me to a tool fixing corrupted files. Or a method to open the existing files. I tried to open the .bak and .sv files but they are having the same problem.

Default Opening a .DWG file in Visio 2007

Ok. I have a .dwg file and I have next to no experience with AutoCad. I am trying to open this file in Visio 2007 so that I can convert it, however i keep getting the same error saying it cant open because it might not be a .dwg or .dxf or the file might be corrupted. I have tried saving it in different formats in autocad, including AutoCad2000/LT2000 (.dwg).

I know the file is not corrupted. Why cant I get this to open?

(Print Screen Attached)

Default Corrupt file problem

Hi,

We recently burned lots of ca files to dvd for archiving purposes, however need to access the data. The person who burned the discs, only had a +R format dvd burner, but burned them to a -R disc. We can get at the files from the disc, however when we try to open the files it states that is is an invalid format. We are using autocad 2006. I suspect that maybe the burning process has possibly corrupted the files. Is there any way of recovering these corrupted files, or is there any viewers available that i can try and download and see if its just the wrong file type for cad (the drawings are all.dwg files though). Weve tried restoring from the.bak files and through the recovery process in autocad with no success.

thanks for your help

Default Re: AutoCad Files Corrupted

Refer to the following thread for some possible solutions.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...iles-Corrupted