Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Word as a fillable form in xara

Hi Guys ( and Gals) a belated happy new year to one and all!

I have been thinking (not a good thing by the way) of producing a word fillable form that can be called up, filled in and emailed back to me. I am ok with the design etc of the form in word but am at a loss how to add a button to the form to email it to myself or several people. Are there any snipits of code to enable my doing this rather than using a php form which can be a little restrictive with layout etc. In other words I would like the papaer form and the online form to be identical.

Ken

Default Re: Word as a fillable form in xara

If the form is utimately going on a website then I would suggest using jotform, with a little work you could have it looking like whatever you can imagine, there is the option of using CSS code to tweak the look and the form is easily added to xara.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

+1 with Cloud's suggestion.

Forget word for this kind of thing.

Thanks for the guidance, I was just trying to use the same form all round (lazy sod that I am). Have looked at jotform and it appears to be a versatile programme even in the free version and have put together a bare bones form . Got the code to put it in an Iframe for calling up to a page layer and initially it looks ok. Only problems are that I get a message when I test it from jotform stating that frame is undefined and there appears to be no scrolling facility. (oops fixed that by changing the scroll to yes :silly me)The code given by jotform was:
    <iframe id="JotFormIFrame" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="https://form.jotformeu.com/60162205227343" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:539px; border:none;" scrolling="no"> </iframe> <script type="text/javascript"> window.handleIFrameMessage = function(e) { var args = e.data.split(":"); var iframe = document.getElementById("JotFormIFrame"); if (!iframe) return; switch (args[0]) { case "scrollIntoView": iframe.scrollIntoView(); break; case "setHeight": iframe.style.height = args[1] + "px"; break; case "collapseErrorPage": if (iframe.clientHeight > window.innerHeight) { iframe.style.height = window.innerHeight + "px"; } break; case "reloadPage": window.location.reload(); break; } var isJotForm = (e.origin.indexOf("jotform") > -1) ? true : false; if(isJotForm && "contentWindow" in iframe && "postMessage" in iframe.contentWindow) { var urls = {"docurl":encodeURIComponent(document.URL),"referr er":encodeURIComponent(document.referrer)}; iframe.contentWindow.postMessage(JSON.stringify({" type":"urls","value":urls}), "*"); } }; if (window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("message", handleIFrameMessage, false); } else if (window.attachEvent) { window.attachEvent("onmessage", handleIFrameMessage); } if(window.location.href && window.location.href.indexOf("?") > -1) { var ifr = document.getElementById("JotFormIFrame"); var get = window.location.href.substr(window.location.href.i ndexOf("?") + 1); if(ifr && get.length > 0) { var src = ifr.src; src = src.indexOf("?") > -1 ? src + "&" + get : src + "?" + get; ifr.src = src; } } </script>

If I place th code in the body section it doesn't work but does if I put it in head and body? Strange

Main problem is the security run box that appears when I call up the form

Any ideas what I anm doing to make me look stupid?

Ken

Using just:
    <iframe name=jot-iframe src="https://form.jotformeu.com/60162205227343" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:539px; border:none;" scrolling="yes"</iframe>
    in the Body seems to work, nothing in the Head.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg ( as per usual) I assume the three test postings were yours

Ken

Yes Ken. Glad to have helped.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host