Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default BUG? BIZZARE Single Button NavBar Problems on Android

I just added a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to my "tools" which is using Android version 5.1.1 and all of a sudden, regardless of my created websites, I'm seeing the same problem when viewing the mobile variant. I do not see the problem using an iPhone 5 / iOS 8.x, nor when viewing on a large screen and then shrinking the width to toggle on the mobile variant.

I do see the problem on the Galaxy S6 Edge using either Google Chrome or FireFox browsers.

Here is what happens: If I tap on the single button Nav Bar, which has no URL, the drop down menu appears AND the NavBar pops up a small "slice" of the nav bar! Tap again and it goes away, and the second tap (to make it go away) can be anywhere on the screen.

www.clean-n-care.com is just one website example exhibiting this problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_001.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	110805

Is this a bug? Is it some phone setting that needs to be turned on or off? Can anyone else using a Smart Phone see this happen???

And BTW, using FireFox, it really screws up!

Default Re: BUG? BIZZARE Single Button NavBar Problems on Android

It's an annoying zoom feature used by several Android browsers. I've never found a way around it. There's a lot on the web about this feature and it's not very popular. Even creating larger buttons doesn't always eradicate this. You can view the same issue here:

sustainability-in-business.co.uk/menu.htm
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

works perfectly fine in landscape mode with a note2/4.4.2 and with an android tab/4.4.4
    in portrait mode using the note2, the size is a little off of course but it works fine resizing it although the nav bar shrinks down a little too much; no issue seen as you described.
    (using chrome and firefox)

I hope to hear from more users testing this - thanks to those who have, so far.

Egg, thanks for your tip. After reading your reply, I swiched to another browser: (Webroot's) "Secure Web" and retested. Your site and all of mine work perfectly, and just as expected. Interesting that in Webroot's Secure Web settings, you can select a browser - and by default, Google is. This now has me thinking there's a browser setting(s) that, hopefully, can be changed. It strikes me odd that it works using Webroot Secure Web with Google as the search provider, yet Google alone doesn't work!!

I'll dig into the browser thing later today, when I have free time.