Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Texts sometimes are misaligned after updates are published to the website

Hi,

I have a wierd problem, and am pretty sure its something that I am doing is wrong.

When I update my website, and do a website preview - everything comes up fine.
    After website publish when i try to access my website through internet, sometimes some of the texts are misplaced, in different font or sometimes the website background becomes white.
    My updates are generally updates of 5-6 text lines only as I manage my school voluntary organization's web calendar.

This problem happens once in awhile, and my workaround is to just pick up the previous version and redo ( yes, I do keep backups due to this reason:-().
    It works fine the second time.

Can someone suggest on what I might be doing incorrectly?

I am using MX Premium version.

Default Re: Texts sometimes are misaligned after updates are published to the website

Simple suggestion, do a refresh of your browser or clear the cache.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Default Re: Texts sometimes are misaligned after updates are published to the website

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Simple suggestion, do a refresh of your browser or clear the cache.
    Intially i thought that its something to do with my browser setting or cache, but lately I have heard from others too.
    They complained that it takes a while before it shows up with correct font or format.

Once I publish, I am assuming that the website should get refreshed automatically.

Try this. In your publish settings there's something called fast update or fast publish. Uncheck that. Then continue. The fast update was a little wonky for me especially when I was updating a page.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Once I publish, I am assuming that the website should get refreshed automatically.
    Yes but when you are viewing it you may need to refresh the browser or clear the cache. Fast update uploads just the parts of the site which have changed since the last upload. If you are still having problems then do a clean upload of the site by deleting the site through an ftp like filezilla and then upload again.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I had an issue like this with one of my client's websites. I found out their hosting company (Fat Cow) displays a cached version of the site and only updates the cache from new uploads a couple times a day.