Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Mobile variant problems, slideshow problems on ipads, animations not working

Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been on tour. I have attached the rogue logo. I agree that the logo should not have had anything to do with the problem. I have made many websites and the logo has never been an issue. There is no reasonable explanation for this, but when the logo was deleted all the gremlins disappeared.

Name:  logo2.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  5.8 KB

Default Re: Mobile variant problems, slideshow problems on ipads, animations not working

that was its actual size?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

How do I attach this so others can click on it? The actual size is 5.2kb

under a certain size i think images are embedded as is
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Paul, the client and I sat together and deleted the logo and the site displayed. We reinstated it and the site misbehaved. We did this several times and then she said to delete it as she would rather have a lovely website displaying correctly.

I think it is now attached rather than inserted
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Question Re: Mobile variant problems, slideshow problems on ipads, animations not working

A logo does not blow up a website.
    If you have added code to Placeholders elsewhere then possibly one is malformed and when it hits this IMG tab, it crashes.
    Is the site responsive or Supersite or both?

[Edit]; found your site: http://www.bickleyvalleyretreat.com.au/. If is
    It confers the touch of luxury your client is after, so well done.

If I may.
    Your images and galleries need to be exactly bounded by the left edge of HOME and the right edge of BOOK YOUR GETAWAY or aim for a consistent datum.
    You have a serifed font for the site title but use san sareif elsewhere, it clashes.
    The next and previous icons on the first carousel are broken shapes.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 29 August 2016 at 02:56 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The site is responsive. I agree that a logo does not blow up a website, but when the logo was removed all the other things that were going wrong eg slideshow not displaying, pages being cut in half, and mobile variant not displaying all disappeared. It seems ludicrous that when the logo was removed everything returned to normal but that is what happened. The client and I reloaded the site with the logo several times and the problems reoccured. When the logo was deleted everything worked as it should. It is extremely odd and unbelievable, but my 2 dozen new grey hairs are testament to this oddity.

very odd but i'd love to see a (test) page of this logo breaking stuff
    somebody on here will be able to tell you why
    and then you could probably put it back
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Thanks Acorn. Yes I noticed the broken shapes. I don't know how to fix that. I dragged the slideshow from the design gallery. Perhaps I will just need to redo it. Will align the images and galleries when I get back from tour. The client chose the font for the site title when we decided to get rid of the logo. I would rather have used a more simple font, but she wanted that. Thanks for the feedback. It is very much appreciated.