Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Internal Links

Default Internal Links

How do I make internal links? In the "link" tab, what button should I choose to do it? I have tried some button but non of them work. I can manually do it with NotPad but it kind of inconvenient.
    Thanks

Default Re: Internal Links

Do you want to create a button that actually does nothing?
    If so you can give the button a name and then link it to itself ( select it's name from the Link to anchor dropdown list ).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank You for Replying. No button for me but text only. Please take a look at this page http://www.seattlelandscaping.net/index.html, clicking on the link "Consultation Form" then you know the kind of link I wanted. Thanks

Sorry it seems I don't understand what you are after.
    To create such a link you would just select the part of the text and apply the link to it. Either to a page or to an anchor (as described above).

I just want to make a simple link from one page to another but it doesn't seem to work. Please don't waste my time if you can't have an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by thienvo View Post
    I just want to make a simple link from one page to another but it doesn't seem to work. Please don't waste my time if you can't have an answer.
    In most forums you would be FLAMED at this point for being so rude. Take note.
    Open Utilities > Web Properties... > Link and select the Link to: option.

The drop-down will show all your pages and other navigation selectors.

If this is not accessible, you have not selected an object or text.

You should read the Manual, press F1 and search for "links" and try out some of the on-line tutorials.
    Spend the time to understand one new thing a day - it really helps.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat