Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: .XAR files with a thumbnail icon.

Years ago I bought Mystic Thumbs to see Xara thumbs:

https://mysticcoder.net/mysticthumbs.html

Works fine to this day :-)

Grenou

Grenou--Thanks for the suggestion. I've been looking for a viewer to see targa thumbs, and this works perfectly.

Update:

Still nothing. The pressure to find out why thumbnail display wasn't working correctly has abated slightly. *

Oh, I downloaded XPGD again and even used 'Simpliclean' to see if that helped. It didn't. Simpliclean is ... well, it's now uninstalled. I'll have to do another install and try the RunAsAdmin thing which caught me out with PDF exports. There's obviously something awry there.

I'll post back here if I ever get a solution (other than an add-on such as MysticThumbs or XnView or whatever - thanks anyway, guys!)

* - See attached pic. I was using XPGD to assemble 100+ photos of the spines of my books so that I could print and then stick them on my staircase risers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stair-books.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	110784  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi brianlj,

Can you try registering the Xara Thumbnails DLLs, "XarThumb.dll" and "XarThumb64.dll".
    To do this first navigate to the folder "XaraDLLs" in the Xara installation folder. Then run Command prompt as administrator and type the following : regsvr32 "[Filepath for the first thumb DLL]" and press enter, then do the same for the second thumbnail DLL. You should end up with something similar to this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RegisterThumbDLL.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	110789

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Alas, the thread seems to have been closed without positive resolution because of 'low quality answers'!

I've worked through all those suggestions and I never had ACDeeSee installed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi brianlj,

Can you try registering the Xara Thumbnails DLLs, "XarThumb.dll" and "XarThumb64.dll".
    Done with no results.

Well, half-done; I only have the single dll 'cos I'm on 32-bit Vista. But... it DID say that registration was successful. I'll reboot soon (I have to abandon this and go cook some pizzas) and if thumbnails appear, you'll hear the shout.