Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Most Xara users know that Xara Ltd's offices are in a fine old country home. What most don't realize is just how posh it is to work for Xara Ltd.

Many users have seen posts in these Xara forums by Xara employee Mark Goodall. If you're like me you've wondered: what's the deal with Mark? Is he holed up in the servant quarters or does he rate a bedroom? Wonder no more - a pic of Mark's office has been smuggled out of the mansion. See it here now before Xara Ltd. censors it!

Regards, Ross

PS - If you think Mark's office is nice, you should see Kate's!

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraoffice.jpg 
Views:	904 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	2346  

Most Xara users know that Xara Ltd's offices are in a fine old country home. What most don't realize is just how posh it is to work for Xara Ltd.

Many users have seen posts in these Xara forums by Xara employee Mark Goodall. If you're like me you've wondered: what's the deal with Mark? Is he holed up in the servant quarters or does he rate a bedroom? Wonder no more - a pic of Mark's office has been smuggled out of the mansion. See it here now before Xara Ltd. censors it!

Regards, Ross

PS - If you think Mark's office is nice, you should see Kate's!

Get back to work Mark!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraofficezoom.jpg 
Views:	855 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	8457  

Not good enough to rate an in-pool office however

Seems like they are not giving you enough to do at work, Ross. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Thanks Ross for a glimpse of the variety of office accommodations in the UK. Actually, this was a very popular seating "arrangement" here in the US until just a few years ago. Unfortunately, due to the irresponsibility of a few people, Federal Gov. regulations now specifically state that when an office employee is using electrical equipment, the employee's chair cannot be submerged in water.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Bryan

Bryan - The way the regulation you write of is written, it would be easy to get around. The regulation relates specifically to office chairs. It makes no mention of other seating arrangements like stools, lounge or kitchen-type chairs. If you were inclined to work from your Indiana pool and you chose the appropriate chair, Uncle Sam couldn't stop you. I say "go for it Bryan!"

There are very real benifits to the pool office. Water helps support your body so it is less stressful on your muscles and heart. It is easy to identify which employee does those dreaded SBD (silent but deadly) farts. Furthermore, when in a pool the office worker is well grounded and therefore is highly unlikely to transfer damaging static discharges to sensitive electronic equipment. Pool offices are perfect for computer technicians.

I know you've probably heard the ugly story of the Hollywood hottub incident where six motion picture execs were electricuted in a hot tub by a palmpilot. What didn't get reported was that the palmpilot had a faulty gps device added to it. If they had kept their equipment in good repair they would still be making crappy movies today. You can't blame the hottub!

Regards, Ross

Ross,

"There are very real benifits to the pool office. Water helps support your body so it is less stressful on your muscles and heart. It is easy to identify which employee does those dreaded SBD (silent but deadly) farts. Furthermore, when in a pool the office worker is well grounded and therefore is highly unlikely to transfer damaging static discharges to sensitive electronic equipment. Pool offices are perfect for computer technicians."

Along with these benefits you listed above, you neglected to mention the increased productivity from employees who would no longer need to vacate their desks every time they felt the need to relieve themselves. ;-)
    Wise men still seek Him.

Nice post folks... very funny stuff Ross. hahahaa

Aha! So you're the one who upsets the ph balance of the pool. That is very bad...

(I'm sure our friend Mark never does that in his private office pool).

Regards, Ross

Although the bathroom humor is fun I thought I should get more serious and relate why I created the drawing in the first place.

I find when most xara users have a photo editing job to do they don't look to xara first. I think they should! I find it quite suited to most of my photo editing and manipulation needs. Look to bitmap editors when xara doesn't offer an easy/flexible solution. Not that it is great or anything, but it amazes me that it is even possible to create an image like Mark & his pool in a vector illustration program. I like to note that autocad is, in effect, also a vector illustration program and that autocad users can't even dream of doing what is not only possible in xara, but is easy in xara.

I'll admit I'm not accomplished with programs like photoshop. I'd like to think I would be if I needed to. I just haven't found that need because xara handles most of my graphics requirements. The point here is the same basic skills used to draw vector illustrations in xara can be used effectively to manipulate bitmaps. Xara X's new feathering tool is a great addition. It makes things even easier.

If anyone wants I can do up a little tutorial on creating images like Mark and his pool. Let me know...

Regards, Ross