Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: pdf anomolies

xdp6 pdf anomolies

Hi

This forum has been really helpful in the past. I've been working on some instruction manuals recently - and I've found when I'm exporting as a pdf, graphic elements, for example a circle, appear cropped by a box shape. I've attached one such (work in progress) pdf of some drawings. I've had trouble uploading the pdf, so I've attached a screen grab of the pdf - it also prints like this too. The original Xara file shows none of the issues. Have you any suggestions? I've seen this on a number of occasions and it's really frustrating.

Regards

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen grab.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	110633  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: pdf anomolies

It 's possible you are exporting to .pdf using the wrong options. I exported just one page using the setting shown (attached).
    I've attached the .pdf (zipped). (It is possible the .pdf file is too large to upload to the forum).
    Great user name, by the way.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export dialogue.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	110634  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

What application/version are you using? XDP 6?
    What PDF profile?

The oldest version I have installed anymore is X9:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003671.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	110636

Seems to work just fine.

Mike

Thanks Bob and Mike. I've tried both pdf settings, High Quality and Commercial Printing. Both return the cropped effect. Is there something I need to select/deselect in the 'advanced' settings?

C

p.s. I'm using Xara Pro 6

Hopefully someone with XDP 6 will happen along. I don't recall such an issue when I had it, though.

Mike

Another point if your still experiencing difficulty exporting from your version of Xara:

Almost everything in your drawing is converted to bitmaps on export to pdf. Very few objects remain vectors. Therefore, select & create bitmaps @ 300dpi, move your vector shapes off-page, then export as pdf.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for that. I'll do the bitmap conversion. I'm still not sure why it happens though? Annoying when I've got things like circles around text etc. The bitmap never looks as clean!