Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Font and Page Layout Challenge

I received this email this morning, and feel that the message would get a greater response and drive the point home a little better if the Barrister used a better typeface and considered laying out the message with perhaps a letterhead logo, use of columns, and color, definitely color.

So here's the text; let's see how Xara can rescue this missive:

Before I proceed, I must first apologize for this unsolicited letter to you. I am aware that this is certainly not a conventional way of approach to establish a relationship of trust, but you will realize the need for my action. My name is Benatt Zinn of Benatt Zinn chambers, London, UK. Actually, I got your contact information from your country data directory (South Africa) on my recent visit to your country, while searching for a last name similar to my late client a South African; therapist at a Budapest center for children with motor disabilities. She died along with her son on the Afriqiyah Airways Airbus A330 crashed on landing at Tripoli airport after a flight from Johannesburg.

Before her death, she deposited the sum of £12.5M with a bank here in London, England. The bank has mandated me to present any family heir/inheritor for claim before the fund gets confiscated as an unclaimed fund. So I decided to search for any of my late client's relative which has been very difficult for me, as she did not declare any other person, address, partner or relatives in the official paper works of her deposit except her late son.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a South African to stand as the next of kin to late Dr. Rita, since you share the same last name. With my position as her lawyer, I will now place your name as the next of kin to my late client. I will prepare every relevant document that will assist your claims, and facilitate the release of the fund.

Note that this transaction is risk free. There is no atom of risk in connection to this business as I have worked out all modalities to complete the transaction successfully. Once the money is released to you, we shall share in the ratio of 50% for me, 50% for you as your benefit then we will map out 5% to upset any expenses made on the process of this transaction. Reply via my private Email: Please be kind to get back to me if you are not interested so that I can further my search for another partner.

Best Regards

Barrister Benatt Zinn
    Benatt Zinn Chambers,
    London, UK.

Yeah, right—

Gary, Lucky Recipient

Talking Re: Font and Page Layout Challenge

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screwy.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	138.1 KB 
ID:	110582
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Font and Page Layout Challenge

I love the fact that these Barristers, Princes, Finance Ministers in Exile, etc. don't have corporate domain names but use gmail or some other unprofessional e-mail address. And considering the fact that they wish to entrust a tidy sum of cash that they don't include your name on the e-mail.

I like the not an atom of risk. Nice eloquent touch.

Spam? Nah.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	letter.png 
Views:	512 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	110583  

@Acorn—perfect!

That design will certainly make this "Letter from Nigeria" go around!

And around, and around...

My Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I love the fact that these Barristers, Princes, Finance Ministers in Exile, etc. don't have corporate domain names but use gmail or some other unprofessional e-mail address.
    Yeah, who is this guy (or gal) kidding? Anyways??

I happen to know for a fact that Barristers in the Untied States don't send offers of money in email. A Barrister in the US, pours expresso at Starbucks:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barrister.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	110596

...and these guys (and gals) work for minimum-wage, so they can't possibly go sending millions of dollars around when they have college loans to pay off, also in the millions.

Yeesh!

Nobody's Fool,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    @Acorn—perfect!
    That design will certainly make this "Letter from Nigeria" go around!
    And around, and around...
    My Best,
    Gary
    Gary, I had intended to make it spiral inwards to the sound of a toilet flush but I reconsidered and left it as an outward flow of effluent.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Look like someone listened - haha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Letter.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	111214  

Quote Originally Posted by chrisneil View Post
    Look like someone listened - haha
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Apart from this "improved" scam letter, what are your graphic interests as you've not indicated which Xara application you're running.

I was going to suggest, we compete to improve the scales of justice.

Acorn

P.S. In case people don't read from the start of the Post, the detail in the letters are SCAMS.
    Don't give them the air to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics. Apart from this "improved" scam letter, what are your graphic interests as you've not indicated which Xara application you're running.
    I agree. We don't want to believe now, Chris, that you yourself are a scammer!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I was going to suggest, we compete to improve the scales of justice.
    Sounds like a plan, Acorn.

Shall we do something more appropriate with the scales, such as tipping them, or start fresh with a new graphical idea that represents the fine and diligent barristers of the internet? I'm in favor of an avatar at the top of the email, resembling Mr. Potato Head.

My Best,

Gary

Personally, I think that a 50% share of £12.5M plus 5% for expenses is a little high as a lawyers fee. I wouldn't offer a penny more than 10% including expenses. Although to be fair, finding and sending to 5,000,000 email addresses may have been a challenge.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.