Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: What Xara Design Pro 11 is lacking - suggestions for next version

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    What do you mean now? You don't want to use a workaround again?
    I meant to set light and dark contone colours, this makes everything white that is not transparent.
    Besides I was just joking, because I still don't undersand what you really want to do, which hopefully is only because of language difficulties.
    I got the impression that you are now kidding me. ;)

Your impression is correct, siran. Now I am kidding you!

Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  4.1 KB

I only give a hard time to people I like, siran!

My Best,

Gary
    (who has a language difficulty in English most of the time; that's why he draws things)

Can we get a "thumb" on both the left and the right of the tabbed window area, so if we're running a low resolution, you have several documents open, it can be quicker to scroll to the left from the left edge to choose a page that's at far left?

Example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c1638bcdc72c3133e914e689d43437f9.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	110552

What this would do is cover the blank page icon at he left of a tabbed document, but it's not functional, so why not lose it for something that does something in the interface?

TIA,

Gary

I've dumped everything for Xara - WD10 and XP10 - intend to move to version 11 shortly. Goodbye all the other high end programs I've ever worked with. I'd like to see the Flash component developed just a bit more. I really like the templates in the Premium versions for slide shows and such. But a few elementary effects from slide to slide and picture to picture would be nice in the Flash package. Nothing spectacular. Just a fade out - fade in type of thing. Thanks for the great program. I love these programs. So intuitive. Much like the Macromedia package of years gone by.

Bill in Canada
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

I'd like to see the Flash component developed just a bit more.

Everybody is moving away from Flash, so I wouldn't see Flash as a priority - quite the opposite.

I'm happy to be wrong about this, but doesn't Xara also export to AVI?

If so, the next big thing is alpha channel support. Boris makes a ton of money from After Effects plug-ins that just animate text. If Xara redworks the keyframe part of its animation engine, I think you have an inexpensive replacement for a lot of text fx engines.

It might be good for Magix to start supporting alpha channels, too. PIP doesn't cut it in 2015 (or in 1998!); make your film editors deal with alphas for compositing work.

-g

Xtreme will export alpha channel, just select uncompressed and then 'Make background transparent' in the export options dialog.

I moved the Forms discussion to

here

Quote Originally Posted by Luke.Hart View Post
    Xtreme will export alpha channel, just select uncompressed and then 'Make background transparent' in the export options dialog.

Thanks for the info, Luke. Seriously, at some point, Magix might want to consider supporting in their video products an alpha channel. It would be at least a first step in rudimentary integration between products.

And I know of no video editor in the pro-sumer arena (under $200) that can recognize alpha info in an AVI uncompressed video. I don't think even the great and mighty Apply Final Cut can.

It's a selling point, for sure.

Thanks!

Gary

+1 for the ability to create forms. Like drag and drop text fields with design freedom to position and resize them on the page, add background images etc. and the ability to name the form and fields for server side processing, maybe support for multi-page or multi-stage forms too.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

But Paul, perhaps I'm talking about slide shows etc. Isn't that a flash component?
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.