Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just installed DP11, unable to publish existing sites

Installed DP11, registered serial number no problem. Opened an existing project and attempted to publish, says FTP timeout after about 5 seconds. BUT, there is no export action happening before the file transfer should begin. I tried several sites and all do the same. One is 40 pages and takes a while to export before it uploads/publishes, and it's not going through the export process at all. I can export manually then upload via separate FTP. Any ideas? Sites were originally made in DP10.
    I also get the same error when I click on "Explore Web Space". I can FTP OK with a separate FTP program. I've also uninstalled DP10. Tried making a sample site using one of the new templates, then uploading, still won't publish/upload. Originally installed on second HD. Tried installing with everything default on C:, still nothing.
    Tried uploading to Facebook as an experiment. Got this error: (#200) Requires extended permission: publish_actions.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 21 August 2015 at 06:24 PM.

Default Re: Just installed DP11, unable to publish existing sites

Jim, have you re-entered all the details in Web Properties > Publish > Other web host (via FTP) > Settings...?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, re-entered everything, as well as made a sample site from a template and re-entered it all there also.

Looks like you have been using DP for a long time so I don’t think it’s a windows permissions issue.
    When you preview your whole web site using DP, does it do the prebuild and work inside the DP browser window?
    Do you have any idea where DP stores the export files it is making before FTP upload? (I wonder if the folder is accessible)
    Just thinking out loud…

RogS,
    Yes, when I preview the whole site, it goes through and exports all pages OK. I thought the same thing. There is a Temp folder and files exported when I do a manual preview, but not when I try to publish.

I still have DP7 on my PC from the old days. I tried publishing the same file as I've been using in DP11 and it will publish OK.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 21 August 2015 at 09:18 PM.

Attached is my FTP trace. Can someone who knows what all this stuff means have a look and possibly find an answer?

Jim
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jimhanus View Post
    Attached is my FTP trace. Can someone who knows what all this stuff means have a look and possibly find an answer?
    Jim
    Jim, Line 4 has your IE version as v.8.
    I would upgrade that as a first step. It might not fix your problem but it will lessen your chance of being attacked.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I had the same problem and it was a firewall issue. I use Windows 10 Firewall Control which usually brings up an alert that it is blocking a new program and awaits my yea or nay. In this case I got no alert, so DP11 seems to do something a little different. In checking the list of blocked programs there was DP11! I just edited the entry to allow it and all is now good.

Try disabling your firewall temporarily and see if DP11 will publish, if yes, then alter the firewall settings to allow DP11. Also make sure that you run DP11 as Administrator at least once. If no, then you need Xara tech support.

jaydear,
    Thanks. Tried those things, no progress. I have submitted a ticket, but have gotten only one generic reply in 2 days.

Jim, just to whittle the time away, try publishing to Xara Hosting to see if XDPX11 is able to FTP at all.
    You'll have to set up you account but it is quick and fairly simple.
    Acorn