Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Responsive Site for Mexican Food Delivery

My client really like this one: http://mexigoappleton.com/ . I am going to add Online Ordering at a later date.

Default Re: New Responsive Site for Mexican Food Delivery

Ole! Love it. And the mobile version too.

I'd suggest making the location a bit more prominent. I have no idea where this business is - it could be anywhere!

Perhaps include a strapline? "The best Mexican in the XXX area!" kind of thing and that might also help with SEO.

Neat idea to have the pictures slide aside to show the menu option.

On the packs, as I move my mouse over the strip, the strip widens, but I can also see a finger pointer, making me (as a user) think it's clickable but doesn't work.

Nice work!

Paul

[ just saw that this is in Appleton - it's in the URL. I don't think that's enough. Looks nice in a mobile format ]

Great, just what I need, a professional opinion from two of the best on here. Just "Cloud" to reply and I will make all the changes. Thank you.

Hello,

Can I add my 2cents?

1. You have too many text styles in too many colours, consider reducing the number of text styles and using slightly more muted colors.
    2. Consider making the menu sticky, because when you scroll half way down the site you kinda get lost, and on my screen the return to top arrow is too far away from the page.
    3. Rather than creating a supersite, I would have preferred a standard click to page type of site, both from a UX point of view and a site maintenance point of view.
    4. Consider making the Menu download persistent across the site in a prominent place to encourage visitors to download it.
    5. Consider adding something to indicate that the Entree images have a slide effect, especially for mobile devices.
    6. Consider increasing the font size for the mobile site, its far too small, you need to have a minimum font size of 16px.
    7. The click to call graphic looks really amateurish, consider changing it for something a little less gaudy.
    8. For the mobile site consider removing the background wood image, it makes the page too busy and take a while to load.

Other than that A+ for effort!

I don't care about the minor niggles, the site sizzles and matches the product.
    Nippy service with the speedy server.

Well done, it works on so many levels.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Andy, there are some small things I would change, like for instance some of the text is images (address and menu), I would convert this to actual text, like for instance the address could be good keywords for seo but is an image at the moment. Also I would suggest pinning the menu so that it's always visible. I could also go into all sorts of arguments about 'being on trend' etc etc. but at the end of the day you have to look at if something works, if it does then leave it as it is, after all it's a fast food place not a 3 michelin star restaurant serving a glass of tap water for $10, big bright images and text will work in the site's favour.

The section marked 'party packs $30' needs to be clearer, I would suggest a graphic or text next to each of the actual packs to show that they are packs and that they are $30; perhaps change the titles to 'Party Pack 1 - Taco Bundle' and 'Party Pack 2 - Enchilada Madness' And consider moving 'Welcome to Mexi-Go' section to near the top or keep it there and get rid of the 'welcome...' heading; it's too late to welcome someone at the bottom of the page.

Also consider changing the page title to 'Mexican food to takeaway Appleton'

Overall I think the design will do what it needs to do, after all sales are the best way to see if a site is good.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Overall I think the design will do what it needs to do, after all sales are the best way to see if a site is good.
    err..no

Tell that to google!

The priority for any business is sales, and anyone who thinks different needs their head examining. When you are selling fast food this is the type that sells. I have been in design for close to 30 years and have seen businesses come and go, you have to know your market. I have designed for various fast food places from a small village outlet to companies such as mcdonalds and subway, and I know what works for that market; I have been in situations where we have designed posh, design led menus and when that menu was changed to something similar to this website's design the sales increased, it's as simple as that.

Could I have designed this site differently; yes but it's what the client wants and needs.
    Last edited by Cloud; 10 October 2015 at 03:46 PM.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
    Tell that to google!

The priority for any business is sales, and anyone who thinks different needs their head examining. When you are selling fast food this is the type that sells. I have been in design for close to 30 years and have seen businesses come and go, you have to know your market. I have designed for various fast food places from a small village outlet to companies such as mcdonalds and subway, and I know what works for that market; I have been in situations where we have designed posh, design led menus and when that menu was changed to something similar to this website's design the sales increased, it's as simple as that.

Could I have designed this site differently; yes but it's what the client wants and needs.
    Sales are the priority for most businesses, however, my point was that sales in isolation are not the best way to see if a site is good.