Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Our New Site using: Xara Web Designer 10 Premium Supersite with XT-CMS 1.9

Where on your site is your e-mail address?

It isn't, but there is a form handler and I think they've opened the PHP file to scrape the recipient.

Default Re: Our New Site using: Xara Web Designer 10 Premium Supersite with XT-CMS 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Where on your site is your e-mail address?

It isn't, but there is a form handler and I think they've opened the PHP file to scrape the recipient.
    Who do you think they is?

Quote Originally Posted by nazf355 View Post
    Who do you think they is?
    I think they're pretty outrageous. I don't trust companies that do such things. I still don't see how they could get the content of the PHP handler though. AFAIK it shouldn't be possible.

I think they're pretty outrageous. I don't trust companies that do such things.
    But do you know who is doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by nazf355 View Post
    But do you know who is doing it?
    Yes, it's the company behind Egg's link.

Yes, it's the company behind Egg's link.
    Not necessarily.

Here's what I think is happening, everytime you go to that link and do a test, on that screen it lists the past two dozen or so urls tested, this can of course be picked up by anyone, and run the url through a whois search to get an associated e-mail to send a 'your website has issues' e-mail. To note creatory.org is a Romanian registered domain.

Yes, you could well be right. Very sneaky.

saw the same as Paul. and i don't believe they're doing it thru a whois search for the urls listed. probably scanning those dozen listed and grabbing from the site itself. i've got three personal sites (every email address associated is mine alone) and the only one i get that spam email on is the only site with a mailto:info@name.com

one of the other sites goes thru one of those contact widgets that utilizes Captcha and the other doesn't have any way to contact me from the site itself. no spam email generated on either of those two accounts testing them several times.

(hmmm. maybe a different thread is needed if there's some ideas about this so as not to hijack this thread any longer???)

Okay guys, thank you for all the constructive comments...
    I tweaked the heck out of it!

SORRY - THIS POST IS LONG

It is now "live" http://www.clintonhealth.org/

I did the following:
    Ran all images in the actual directories thru a free program called FileOptimizer: http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/st...=FileOptimizer
    Its FREE and really works with "normal" as the setting (png and jpeg).

Ran the GOOGLE web tools PAGESPEED insights against the live URL and fixed:
    optimized images in FileOptimizer tool
    minified javascript (used online tool)
    minified csss scripts (used online tool)
    enabled compression in IIS server
    leveraged browser caching in IIS server

RESULTS on different testing websites:
    Results on PageInsights: 71/100 on MOBILE - 89/100 on DESKTOP - user experience 92/100
    Results on WebPageTest: all "A's" in the 5 green boxes at the top
    Results on GTMETRIX : PageSpeed score was 86% (avg is 81% for other websites') - YSLOW score was 78% (avg is 79% for others' websites)

I know these test result sites don't necessary mean everything, but it does at least help you identify some things you can tweak. I definitely see a difference.

Just a FYI (@Egg Bramhill) - its not 57 pages of supersite.
    Its one Xara file with 9 pages of supersite (mobile / desktop)
    and another Xara file with 2 pages of conventional (mobile /desktop) - this part is used to display the text in the XT-CMS
    Then there's the 57 pages inside the XT-CMS program where you type "text" (the content)

So
    if you are looking at the "swishing effect" on the home page or any of the pages in the MENU (or services / program boxes) ...you are looking at the 9 pages of supersite
    if you see the INFO Bar on the left pane ....you are looking inside the XT-CMS program with the Xara file that has 2 conventional pages only - this displays the content.

I still have meta-tags and Google analytics to add here and there, and such. I did setup users in the XT-CMS to allow them to change any of the 57 pages of "content" for their programs (hence the advantage of using a CMS).

In a couple of years we will move to the version 11 "style" (which I love) --- we already have version 10 and was quite a way thru building, when version 11 came out.

We are a "poor" local government agency with limited resources (staff and money) and a lot of programs.

PEOPLE RESPONSE:
    The Director absolutely loves it
    other directors in their depts. love it --- want it!
    co-workers / staff love it
    fellow IT (different dept) want to know what I used for software
    It was on the local radio / had press releases / was demonstrated at the staff mtg / and will be demonstrated at the next Board of Health Mtg.

I'm good with that

Karen

PS: thank you Acorn for the code (opening pdf in new window from the photo widget) - I do appreciate it.