Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Custom SmartShapes?

SmartShapes are great. As a designer, I would love to be able to create custom ones using Xara instead of couting solely on the online libraries. I see that SmartShapes are in fact .XAR files (take a look at %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\11\Cache\designs\eng \smartshapes), so I wonder... would it be possible for us mere mortals to create smartshapes?
    Rubem Pechansky

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Custom SmartShapes?

As far as I know there is some javascript or programming involved somewhere in the the process and currently there is no way for users to create their own. But it may be possible down the line when the javascript APi mentioned here is released.

In the meantime If you have an idea for a smartshape you could certainly post it in Dear Xara. The Xara developers do keep an eye on that forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Custom SmartShapes?

Thanks, great reply. I hope Xara does allow custom smartshapes in the future because it seems to have so many great possibilities.
    Rubem Pechansky