Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I thought I could use Flash 5 to create CD-ROMs. I did the tutorials and made a pretty good movie but now I’ve hit a wall. I want to create "links" to other files on the CD (avi's, pdf's and mp3's) so that they open on the default application on whatever computer the CD-ROM is in.

I can’t find any clues in the help file but I know it can be done because I’ve seen CD-ROMs that claim they were created in Flash.

larZ
    IP

I thought I could use Flash 5 to create CD-ROMs. I did the tutorials and made a pretty good movie but now I’ve hit a wall. I want to create "links" to other files on the CD (avi's, pdf's and mp3's) so that they open on the default application on whatever computer the CD-ROM is in.

I can’t find any clues in the help file but I know it can be done because I’ve seen CD-ROMs that claim they were created in Flash.

larZ
    IP

The command you want to look at is the FSCommand "Exec".

The syntax looks something like:

fscommand ("exec", "[filename and path]");

and point that to a batch file or some other program that will open the file with the associated application. Flash can't associate the files on its own. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] FlashJester, on the other hand, might be something worth looking into.
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

you can simply just put the file name in the get url command as long as the file is in the same directory as the swf. ie

on (press, release) { getURL ("mymovie.mov");}

Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    Macromeidians 1:1

In the begining the web was dark and void, and the net was with out color or shape, Then there was a Flash and Life came to the web and vision became reality.
    IP