Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation navbar not working on mobile phone

Hello, I am fairly new to Xara Web Designer Premium 11.
    I have tried in turn, loading several of the different responsive site samples from the online catalog to a subfolder of my live site; for some reason, in each case, when I view the site via my Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.3), the navigation button (which should reveal the menu items) does not respond. If I press the button a little firmly it asks if I want to download the image. Has anyone had this problem before? When the phone is landscape mode the navbar expands and works brilliantly; furthermore when I test it on a reduced sized browser window in IE on my PC to simulate a mobile phone, the single button works fine there as well.

Many thanks

Default Re: navbar not working on mobile phone

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I know there has been an issue with this on mobile devices. Let me see if I can get someone to answer this or suggest a work around.

Hi sbatkins,

This is a know problem with Samsung Android version 4 stock browser unfortunately. If you have Android version 5 or use any other browser other than the stock it will work fine on Samsung devices. It's just due to the way Samsung has customized the android stock browser unfortunately.

I have added this forum url to the bug report for our developers to look at.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi sbatkins,

This is a know problem with Samsung Android version 4 stock browser unfortunately. If you have Android version 5 or use any other browser other than the stock it will work fine on Samsung devices. It's just due to the way Samsung has customized the android stock browser unfortunately.

I have added this forum url to the bug report for our developers to look at.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rob
    Rob, in the interim, perhaps Xara (you for a virtual beer) could produce a small script to check the browser type and alert the viewer to the problem and offer a download of Chrome or Firefox?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rob, in the interim, perhaps Xara (you for a virtual beer) could produce a small script to check the browser type and alert the viewer to the problem and offer a download of Chrome or Firefox?

Acorn
    I have absolutely no idea if this will work, we don't have a Samsung on v4 unfortunately:

Code:
    <script>

function getAndroidVersion(ua) {
        ua = (ua || navigator.userAgent).toLowerCase(); 
        var match = ua.match(/android\s([0-9\.]*)/);
        return match ? match[1] : false;
    };

var AndVer = getAndroidVersion(); //"4.2.1"
    parseFloat(AndVer); //4.2

if(navigator.userAgent.match(/SAMSUNG|SGH-[I|N|T]|GT-[I|P|N]|SM-[N|P|T|Z]|SHV-E|SCH-[I|J|R|S]|SPH-L/i) && AndVer < 5 && AndVer > 3)  {   
    	alert("Your NavBar may not work, please use Firefox or Chrome if so");
    }
    </script>
    Insert that into the Web Properties > Page > HTML Code Head. I think it would be better on the index page rather than inserted into the website tab as it would get annoying on every page if you can navigate.

I've loaded the script into here: http://robert74.magix.net/atest/ , it would be awesome if someone with a samsung andriod v4 tablet could test it out.

Credit goes to here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-samsung-phone
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...-by-javascript

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I have absolutely no idea if this will work, we don't have a Samsung on v4 unfortunately:

Code:
    <script>

function getAndroidVersion(ua) {
        ua = (ua || navigator.userAgent).toLowerCase(); 
        var match = ua.match(/android\s([0-9\.]*)/);
        return match ? match[1] : false;
    };

var AndVer = getAndroidVersion(); //"4.2.1"
    parseFloat(AndVer); //4.2

if(navigator.userAgent.match(/SAMSUNG|SGH-[I|N|T]|GT-[I|P|N]|SM-[N|P|T|Z]|SHV-E|SCH-[I|J|R|S]|SPH-L/i) && AndVer < 5 && AndVer > 3)  {   
    	alert("Your NavBar may not work, please use Firefox or Chrome if so");
    }
    </script>
    Insert that into the Web Properties > Page > HTML Code Head. I think it would be better on the index page rather than inserted into the website tab as it would get annoying on every page if you can navigate.

I've loaded the script into here: http://robert74.magix.net/atest/ , it would be awesome if someone with a samsung andriod v4 tablet could test it out.

Credit goes to here:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-samsung-phone
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...-by-javascript

Thanks
    Rob
    I tried it on a Galaxy S4 Mini running Android 4.4.4 and no message popped up. I did see the non-working menu.

Can I ask if this menu works on this test site?

www.theroadtotheweb.co.uk

Arh it was worth a shot. Apparently it's very hard to detect what device the user is using especially by manufacturer.

Maybe someone could improve the script with detecting the device. I would look further into it if I had the time but September has been a really busy month for some reason.

I've not come across this problem. On my Galaxy S2 4.1.2 stock browser the menus work fine on the jonjames mobile variant http://xaragroup.magix.net/jonjames/ and also ok on your link naz.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Rob, tried stock browser on Android 4.2.2 - sadly no alert.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rob, tried stock browser on Android 4.2.2 - sadly no alert.
    Acorn
    How do the menus I and Rob posted fair on your device?