Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 10 Premium - Names of pages when using supersites

Hi Guys:

I have question about the page names that are assigned when you create a "super-site" in WD 10 premium, and how they show up in a web browser.

For instance my supersite has page names that come up in the BROWSER like:

#xl_xr_page_home
    #xl_xr_page_default_if
    #xl_xr_page_default_com
    #xl_xr_page_default_env

etc....

Now inside of Xara, the page names might be:

home
    default_if
    default_com
    default_env

So my question is, how can I give those Pages inside the supersite better names? I know I can rename each page in the Page & Layer Gallery pane (on the right side) inside Xara.

Such as:
    default_if becomes indivandfamily
    default_com becomes community
    default_env become environmental

and so on....

But what about that funky part that the browser puts in BEFORE the page name:
    the #xl_xr_page part? How do you address that, and if there's a way, does it affect the navigation menus, etc?

Thank you
    Karen

Default Re: Web Designer 10 Premium - Names of pages when using supersites

Karen, a SuperSite is just one file. The #s are anchor points to the top of each page.

If the SuperSite is a vertical one then it would be possible to put a small object at the top of each page and give it a Name.
    One Name could be Community on the default_com page such that links to index#xl_xr_page_default_com could (almost) be replaced with index#community.

It is a pity that Xara hasn't yet come up with a more human-friendly naming of the pages: e.g., '#' & unescape(Page Title).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Web Designer 10 Premium - Names of pages when using supersites

Yes, I'm using the vertical supersite feature. Just thought there was something under the web properties\page tab that could address this.

Thank you for your suggestions....guess I'll have to wait for Xara to apply a little fix hopefully in version 10.

(I won't be going to version 11 until the Android 4 browser navbar thing is fixed)

Karen