Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Two index pages using DP X11

Hi Egg, that really is strange. I have the same effect as Theo, even in your modified version. For example page 59 and page 2 are doubled. When I delete page 59 also page 2 is deleted. So there must be something different in your installation.

Hi Siran, it get's even stranger. I reopened my single index version and tried deleting page 59 and it also deleted page 2 !!! Undo, renamed page 2 mission-555 and page 59 also automatically renamed itself the same. So why I had no problem deleting the duplicate index I've no idea.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Kington, Herefordshire. I used to live on a boat on the English waterways

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Theo, I d/l'ed your site, it nearly chocked my poor old laptop. I deleted the duplicate index page and it only deleted the one page. Very odd. I've seen this behavior before tho with someone else file and deleting one index page deleted both, renaming one also renamed the other.

Try this, should only be one index page:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6lymc0ye...index.web?dl=0

When you've got it please let me know so I can delete the folder from Dropbox
    I am saving it to my DropBox as I write this. I am on a mobile phone connection so it might take a while!

I have been out of signal for a bit (I live on a narrow boat.).That's why I haven't been in touch for a while.

ETA I see that it could take 40 minutes to download but every time I look it changes and not necessarily in the downward direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    Hi Theo,
    Do you have a backup of the file before you tried to add the variant Using that we may be able to reproduce the error and find out exactly what has caused this error.
    I have just had a look at my two external HD's and find that neither has a "good" copy of the file. Sorry.

It does rather look as if this version of DPX has a serious error. I see that others have had similar problems.

Hi Theo, I d/l'ed your site, it nearly chocked my poor old laptop. I deleted the duplicate index page and it only deleted the one page. Very odd. I've seen this behavior before tho with someone else file and deleting one index page deleted both, renaming one also renamed the other.

Try this, should only be one index page:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ai6lymc0ye...index.web?dl=0

When you've got it please let me know so I can delete the folder from Dropbox
    I have it now, thanks.

T

Problem is Theo is that it still contains all the other duplicated pages. I've tried re-visiting your original file and deleting additional pages but it still deletes the originals
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Problem is Theo is that it still contains all the other duplicated pages. I've tried re-visiting your original file and deleting additional pages but it still deletes the originals
    Ah!

Thanks for that. I will have a look at what I have got. Siren did a copy for me which I haven't tried out. If the one that you did for me has faults then I will try Siren's.

N

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Ah!

Thanks for that. I will have a look at what I have got. Siren did a copy for me which I haven't tried out. If the one that you did for me has faults then I will try Siren's.

N
    At a fits look, Mr Bramhill, I can see nothing wrong with the file that you sent. There seem to be no duplicate pages. There are pages with similar names though like history, history 2, history 3.

I will save it into my testing folder and muck about with it and see if it is really OK.

Theo

At a fits look, Mr Bramhill, I can see nothing wrong with the file that you sent. There seem to be no duplicate pages. There are pages with similar names though like history, history 2, history 3.

I will save it into my testing folder and muck about with it and see if it is really OK.

Theo
    There is still much amiss with it. I inserted a new blank page after page 2. mission and it created a copy of page 2 at page 59 and then two blank pages at pagee 60 and 61. I will now have a look at Siren's and see if he cured it.

I do hope that Xara is keeping an eye on this thread. It can be doing their reputation no good at all.

Theo

There is still much amiss with it. I inserted a new blank page after page 2. mission and it created a copy of page 2 at page 59 and then two blank pages at pagee 60 and 61. I will now have a look at Siren's and see if he cured it.

I do hope that Xara is keeping an eye on this thread. It can be doing their reputation no good at all.

Theo
    Siren's file has exactly the same problem.

I have run out of ideas. It seems to me that the only thing to do is to completely rewrite the site!! What a bummer! All 109 pages of it with lots of layers on many pages.

My advice to anyone would be not to upgrade before they have sorted this problem out.

Thanks for all the help everyone. If you think of anything else do post it. I would love to know.

Theo