Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text looks good while designing - but white background on Browser

Hi all,

Seeking some advice please, I have moved up the versions of Designer Pro. On the latest version, text appears OK on the pages but when I test and look on any browser, the text has a white background (highlighted). The pages were fine in previous versions. Any idea what I am doing wrong?, I am able to create new text with out the 'effect' of white highlighting seen on any browser.

Thanks.

RJ

Default Re: Text looks good while designing - but white background on Browser

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I'm going out on a limb and guessing that you are exporting text as a PNG or GIF with a transparent background?

There are a few things you can try. 1. Don't make the text into a bitmap. (If you group the text with a photo or any other object, the text becomes a bitmap, unless you use the Apply Soft Group option (Arrange menu)). 2. If you want to export the text as a bitmap with no background, export as PNG, True Color + Alpha. This exports the cleanest text. 3. If you are exporting the text as 16 or 256 colors, then place the text over the same color background as your web page background. Select only the text and export with the transparent background option. This smooths the text to the background color and not the white of the page.

Default Re: Text looks good while designing - but white background on Browser

On the other hand V11 now has a Highlighter feature for text. Are you sure it's not this?

From the help files:

To apply a text background color - in effect a highlighter-style background color...

• Highlight some text using the Text tool or select text object(s) using the Selector Tool
    • Right-click on a color in the Color line

• Select Set Text Background

To get rid of the background color...

• Select your text
    • Right-click on the 'no color' swatch on the Color Line

• Select the Clear Text Background option
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host