Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile Variant "Missing" From Design

Just opened up a file I finished a few weeks ago. Made some changes to it, uploaded, etc. not paying too much attention. Then I noticed there was no longer a mobile variant version to also make changes to. Only one tab with index.xar, No "Mobile" tab in the file. What happened? Where did it go? I know that when you delete a variant you get a dialog box to verify the delete, so I didn't do that. Any suggestions, or has any one else experienced this?

Jim

Default Re: Mobile Variant "Missing" From Design

Maybe try Window>Show Document Tabs
    Of course if you preview the site and you can't see the variants then the issue maybe more problematic.

Default Re: Mobile Variant "Missing" From Design

No, it's much worse. There's no mobile variant to work on. Gone. And of course I uploaded the site without noticing the variant wasn't there. Hopefully I can get back to my office and find a backup to use before the client notices. Yesterday I uploaded the .xar file to my server in case I needed to work on it remotely, which is what I did this morning, which means the final file on my office PC is missing the variant also. And, in my infinite wisdom, deleted most of my backups to clean up my drives (since the project was finished). It's only 20 pages. How hard can it be to re-do?