Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Lost Context Menu for Line Colour for Text

Have I lost the power to change the Line colour of text by right-clicking on the colour bar?
    No problem with other objects.

I can open the Colour editor and do it from there.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Lost Context Menu for Line Colour for Text

is it still selected in options>view>color to do such? i usually just do shift+left click to set line color - heh. never noticed the option for right click

edit: ermm...just read that it works for other objects for you...so....ionno...

It works for me, Acorn.
    And I use the right-click option to do that quite a lot.

I'm using XDP11 32bit version.
    And I've used that option in all previous versions, as far as I can remember.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Its missing here as well. Both PCs. XDP11 64bit.

oh man. one of those days yesterday...anyways, i think, like Rik, i didn't put Acorn's title together with his post.

same situation here too. on right-click the context menu to change line color for text isn't there any more (if that's how you have it set in options). as opposed to earlier versions it been replaced with set text background. still has the contextual line color option for objects tho. like i said, i've just shift+left click to change line color so i hadn't notice it

Works for me too Acorn. Right clicking the colour line applies that colour to the text's outline.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

but Egg...
    if you have it selected in Options>View>Color>right click on color: "set line color" then yes, it does.
    but if you have it selected as "show menu" instead of "set line color" then back on the color line, when you right click on a color the menu used to have a choice to change the line color to your selection. it has, in V11, been replaced with "text background" now

gotta kinda read the title of the thread along with Acorn's post which is where i originally failed

........i think

Yes, cheers Mikey, I understand & see that behavior now. First thing I do on any new version / template is to always change this option to set line colour, never liked the 'new' menu pop-up feature, it slows me down

I suppose the thinking behind it is text can't have an outline in an html document, but if is the case I'd expect it to work only on web documents and not the others.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by mikeymopar View Post
    is it still selected in options>view>color to do such? i usually just do shift+left click to set line color - heh. never noticed the option for right click

edit: ermm...just read that it works for other objects for you...so....ionno...
    That's a good answer, mikey.

I've never changed that option.
    So, to clarify what I said, I always right-click and have the pop-up menu come up, and then select 'Set Line Colour'
    I've never changed that option to just have rhight-click and change the line immediately.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

That was the original way Xara worked Rik (even CC Artworks if memory serves me well). It was changed several versions back now to be more 'industry standard'.
    Egg