Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default comparison to coffeecup's web design software

I am in over my head, so looked for someone to convert my WeHelpDoctors.com and then I can just make additions in the future.
    Was planning to use Xara, but found someone on the coffeecup.com/designer forum that will make changes and convert it for $200.
    But he wants to use coffeecup, as he looked at a template, and said the code is cleaner.
    Before going that route, I wanted to see if anyone is familiar with that software, to point out any problems in going that direction. Thanks, Leonard Slates

Default Re: comparison to coffeecup's web design software

Quote Originally Posted by leonard55 View Post
    I am in over my head, so looked for someone to convert my WeHelpDoctors.com and then I can just make additions in the future.
    Was planning to use Xara, but found someone on the coffeecup.com/designer forum that will make changes and convert it for $200.
    But he wants to use coffeecup, as he looked at a template, and said the code is cleaner.
    Before going that route, I wanted to see if anyone is familiar with that software, to point out any problems in going that direction. Thanks, Leonard Slates
    Your site is trivial to produce in either Xara or CoffeeCup. I have both and I would only use Xara for this.

Before deciding, you should list all the things your current site does well and what is wrong with it. Then prioritise your wants.
    Only then will you see which solution is better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: comparison to coffeecup's web design software

Regardless of which software this chap is looking at; $200 for a 12 page website is just plain wrong, is this guy working at $1 an hour?, you get what you pay for and at that price don't expect a masterpiece. To be honest the site as it stands really does need updating.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk