Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can this be done in Xara

Besides being a good read I would like you to have a look at the following page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/...9-83e619460e1f . What struck me was the use of graphics alternating with the text making it a pleasant way to read and consume the information. A similar effect can bee seen at https://appear.in/. Tha graphics change once the text scrolls off screen.

Try as I might I can't find a way to do something similar in Xara. Or does anyone else have a clou how to achieve this with Xara Designer?

While investigating I learned a lot about page transitions and backgrounds and the way Xara is handling these things. The help offered by Xara isn't very , er, helpful and I'd love to have a more transparent way to work with page backgrounds. There's realy something to be desired in that field.

Default Re: Can this be done in Xara

I moved this thread to Web Design Chat.

You can do some of these things in V11 but not all. The technique used for this is called Parallax Scrolling.

Check out my First Look Review for Web Designer 11 http://xaraxone.magix.net/WD11/ to see some of the new web design features.

There's no way you're going to make that with Xara.

It's a really well done.

Xara can make a 'lite' version..

[ edit: To be absolutely fair, I know of no web design package that can make a page like this 'out of the box'. The developer of the page is very skilled with what they do. ]
    Last edited by pauland; 18 September 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Didn't Rob do something similar a while back? I can't find the post now.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Arh man I really need to improve that example but this is the post I think:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ion-background

Cheers Rob. I thought you'd done one
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

With that being said, it looks like it can be done to a degree. Coff**C*p has it out of the box with their RSD program, but I would prefer to get it with my much more expensive Xara program (DP11.) The developers should figure a way to add it and roll it out as an update.

It's on the wishlist

Rob - Can you post a .XAR or .WEB file of this? And is it possible to have web animations with this method?

Gary, the web file is in the thread that Rob indicated.
    EDIT I'll attach it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg