Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Iframe scrolling in an Ipad

Just had someone ring me regarding not being able to scroll a form in an I frame on the website. They were using an I pad and couldn't complete the form. I checked it out on a cheap zoostorm tablet and the scrolling feature of the Iframe works well there and on desktop.

Is this another example by apple refusing to recognise anything they didn't invent or is there a work around to keep our apple fanatics happy

Ken

Default Re: Iframe scrolling in an Ipad

Got a url to this site?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Mentorman, why would you describe anyone with an iPad as an Apple fanatic? Would you describe someone as an Android fanatic if they had an Android tablet or phone?

Hi Pauland, yep if all they do is announce that their product is the only solution in the world and cannot understand why others don't share their viewpoint. It also tends to infect mac owners as well

Ken

Well, I know quite a few people with iPhones, iPads, Android phones and Android tablets and I find that generally if their happy to say they like the device they'll say so and if they don't they won't.

I really don't see why this Apple prejudice is there, putting some kind of crude stereotype onto people using Apple kit.

On TG loads of people over time have expressed their satisfaction with their kit choices, so why you feel comfortable describing users of iPads as 'apple fanatics' I do not know.

I guess it's some primitive tribal thing for the 'others' who have made a different choice.

Hi Pauland, I don't think that this is the place to enter into PC discussions on prejudice or stereo typing. I made the tongue in cheek comment which was triggered by the lady in questions steadfast belief that in no way was her Ipad at fault for not being able to cope with a scrolling I frame. As said the form works on the devices available to myself and the verbal abuse received when her precious I pad's set up was questioned was quite astounding.

My question here is whether this can be overcome in the site building otherwise I may have Ipad owners burning crosses on the doorstep next.

Ken

paul is just as quick to criticize and inject personnal thoughts as he is to help with the actual issue at hand. you just got the wrong end of the stick today (tho his critiques are often spot on)

loading your linked form in chrome, firefox and ie11 - there's a pop-up that states "Please note some tablets may not allow you to scroll the form"

if Egg doesn't get back to you for a bit, i'll try to find someone with an apple tablet to test as my family and i are are android fanatics

Hi Pauland, I don't think that this is the place to enter into PC discussions on prejudice or stereo typing. I made the tongue in cheek comment which was triggered by the lady in questions steadfast belief that in no way was her Ipad at fault for not being able to cope with a scrolling I frame. As said the form works on the devices available to myself and the verbal abuse received when her precious I pad's set up was questioned was quite astounding.

My question here is whether this can be overcome in the site building otherwise I may have Ipad owners burning crosses on the doorstep next.

Ken

Great reply. Your original reply came across as a generic remark about all all iPad owners, not a comment about a specific troublesome user.

I'll put the burning cross out and order another one. Just in case.

I can confirm that the form doesn't scroll on an iPad. Why not put it on a standalone page?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host