Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Contact form

Default Contact form

Anyone know how to create a contact and comments form?

Default Re: Contact form

Welcome to TalkGraphics. There are several contact form widgets to pick from in the Content Catalog > Page Elements & Widgets > Forms (Widgets). That's a good place to start.

I created a contact form (jot) but after uploading the form when clicked to fill name etc. opens up google sign in. I just want visitors to write comments and send to the email address I have linked it to.

Same type of issue that may help:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...orm-validation
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

What you may want to take a look at is "PHP form mail maker". You will have to look it up on Google because I cann't post any links yet. I used it on my company's web site for a quote request form and just used it in a iFrame.

What I like about this form is that you host it on your own website and you do not have to rely on a thrid party website to send the email or have to pay for a plan if you think you will be getting more than 100 emails in a month. Depending on the amount of information you may have to play around with the iFrame to get the whole form to display without scrol bars but I think this was a good solution in my case. In addtion with this form the people who visit your site never leave your site and are not redirected to the form companies site once they submit the form.

Oh, one other thing is this does not cost except if you want to make a donation to the author of the tool.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    What you may want to take a look at is "PHP form mail maker". You will have to look it up on Google because I cann't post any links yet. I used it on my company's web site for a quote request form and just used it in a iFrame.

What I like about this form is that you host it on your own website and you do not have to rely on a thrid party website to send the email or have to pay for a plan if you think you will be getting more than 100 emails in a month. Depending on the amount of information you may have to play around with the iFrame to get the whole form to display without scrol bars but I think this was a good solution in my case. In addtion with this form the people who visit your site never leave your site and are not redirected to the form companies site once they submit the form.

Oh, one other thing is this does not cost except if you want to make a donation to the author of the tool.
    A good solution if you understand how to configure your server using CPanel and can follow your ISP's instructions. Most may not have access to the "back-end".

If the site is http://www.formmail-maker.com/formmail-maker-home.php, then there are lots of opportunities to develop quality forms for use.
    Perhaps you'll become the SME?

It does cost if you want to remove the copyright, but this could be pennies/cents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've just uploaded something similar which may help See post #8

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...570#post540570
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks guys, a form from SmartAddon.com worked

Have you tried Google Forms? It works pretty well for me.
    Create the form and simply select the embed option and pop it in a Xara Placeholder.
    example: http://www.britishlebanese.org/contact_us.htm
    Plus you can set up the forms to inform you if and when there are responses.
    Very easy, very intuitive. But you do need a Google Drive account.