Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can you import a .xml corel color pallet into xara designer pro 11

Hi I was interested in how I may import a .xml file into xara designer pro 11. I need one of the color to work with a special program and was wondering if there was a way to do this. Thank You for any information.

Default Re: Can you import a .xml corel color pallet into xara designer pro 11

i've not tried with an xml file but if you can get it as an .aco file (i've got one corel palette as such) then while you have Xara open, just drag the .aco file onto your Xara workspace and it'll load the color template

Welcome to TalkGraphics

This older thread may be helpful http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Color-Palettes But from what I can see you can import a .cpl or .pal file and .aco and .act. I don't think you can import an .xml file.

also forgot, if you wanna keep it permanently in your color gallery (right hand side menus) add the palette file to your xara>palettes folder. then if you wanna save it on your color line at the bottom, just right click on it in color gallery and set it

If it's one particular colour and not 100 colours, you should be able to setup the colour from the RGB value or using the eyedropper.

Darn I need a color called cutcontour to tell my vinyl cutter to cut and that's in corel but it's a .xml and I can't figure a way to make it into another format if I could convert it that work but so far I can't find a converter. thank you for you responses.

Define any color that makes sense to you for your drawing. Make it a spot color named CutContour

When you export the pdf, make sure you use a profile that allows spot color.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Define any color that makes sense to you for your drawing. Make it a spot color named CutContour

When you export the pdf, make sure you use a profile that allows spot color.

Mike
    heh....what he ^^^ said

also...nice find Paul

I've attached a sample.

Mike
    Attached Files Attached Files