Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reneé Mackintosh chairs

I can work from the image you posted, Gary. No other effort required.

When I can find the time to do a mock-up, I'll send pictures. I'll build the forms formtue bending from the mock-up.

Default Re: Your Secret is Safe :)

Hi Gare - thanks for the tips - in the meantime I have found the Logo creation on YouTube (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMN5XfP7U2o) its quite neat - I'm not sure why I thought it was your work - a senior moment I think!!

Cheers Geoff H

Default Primary liquids

Quote Originally Posted by geoff99 View Post
    Hi Gare - thanks for the tips - in the meantime I have found the Logo creation on YouTube (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMN5XfP7U2o) its quite neat - I'm not sure why I thought it was your work - a senior moment I think!!

Cheers Geoff H
    Hi Geoff—

Narrenzunft Kalbach is very ambitious and does nice work on behalf of Xara_Users.com. I'm glad you located the tutorial you were looking for, and no, you're not having a "Senior Moment"! With Xchris, Frances and others creating video tutorials, it's easy to mistake my work for theirs.

Okay. Now back to me... :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glasses.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	111539

A study in colour and geometry, and seeing what sort of photorealism I could coax out of Maxwell Render.

My Best,

Gary

Default Hitting the beach...NOT

This is 99% Photoshop work, and 2% modeling and rendering some of the beach toys. That's more than 100%, isn't it?

And I didn't get the complete model in the best frame I took, so below the knees is a different model.

Name:	Surfer_Dave.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	111545

My Best,

Gary

Default A Yes album? No!

I have nothing but the greatest admiration for typographer/illustrator/architect Roger Dean.

So this is a homage, not intended to be a parody. It was quite difficult to execute, a lot of modeling and filtering of images was involved, the typography is pure Xara...

Name:	YesHomage.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	111552

—g

Nice 3D Gary. I agree the Mackintosh chairs aren't really for sitting on, just for looking at ...

The "YES" cover cover ... is really good. Roger Dean is my Hero, his work is amazing. The first one I remember seeing (and identifying) was the cover to "Tales from Topographic Oceans"
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 21 January 2016 at 05:12 PM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Thanks, Keith. Agreed on both counts.

I owed Fragile before Tales...and could see a Master in the rough. Mr. Dean's work only got better, more detailed and more definitive of a group he drew for and believed in. Look at what he did with the Asia cover art.

Yes (also!): the Reneé Mackintosh furniture are what Frank Lloyd Wright did with architecture: The Guggenheim in Manhattan for example. The paintings hung there are impossible to appreciate because Wright made the winding staircase too narrow. Which is lovely to look at from the outside and do little else but be impressed with Wright's visionary architecture, but forget the artists who work is encased in Wright's ego. Similarly, Mackintosh designed to be appreciated for his aesthetics, not human comfort!

My Best,

Gary

I like that Gare. I saw one of those once, the one I saw was probably a reproduction though considering where it was.
    I do have a question, what is the shape I circled? Is it a cup, chamber pot, what?
    Part looks like it could be a logo, Is the whole thing a logo?

Name:	question.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	111556
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I like that Gare. I saw one of those once, the one I saw was probably a reproduction though considering where it was.
    I do have a question, what is the shape I circled? Is it a cup, chamber pot, what?
    Part looks like it could be a logo, Is the whole thing a logo?

Name:	question.png 
Views:	132 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	111556

Sorry for the vagueness of that artifact. It was supposed to be a piece of bric-a-brac, in the same style as the furniture and Mackintosh's detail work.

Name:	Mackintosh-ornament.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	111563

What I did was take a character from a font called Mackintosh Ornaments, sent it to my modeling program, and then extruded the glyph along a semi-circular path. It was uninspired, at the 11th hour to get it to a publisher, and in retrospect, I have no idea where you'd put such a thing around the house!

My Best,

Gary

Default Imp-csndescent bulbs

As long as there are imps, there will be imp-candescent lightbulbs. Thanks the late, great sir Terry Pratchett for the inspiration:

Name:	IMP-candescent.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	111564

—g