Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Default Franking the Jack in a Box

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    I've seen a human head scanned and then printed out in 3D. A bit scary to say the least.

The shell collection conjures up quite the image.
    I've never seen the actual process, Graham, but I see that a high-res human scan goes for around $10 on the web. You can only buy the product; you can't specificity which head you want scanned, although Donald Trump's might go for $2, I think.

I used XenoDream to model the alien seashells, and Maxwell Render to produce the scene. Some people don't feel the rendering engine makes any difference with the final product. I disagree: here's a render out of PIXAR RenderMan in 1995 upper-left, and then basically the same model rendered out of Maxwell Render in 2008. It has nuances, atmosphere, and doesn't exaggerate the specular reflections in plastic or metal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Franklin-2008.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	111433

Default Re: Franking the Jack in a Box

There's a big difference between those two renders. I'll pass on Trumps head.

Default Butt-burning kettle

I did this using Extreme 3D, a product by the late, great Macromedia. The engineers loved it, but asked me to make the flame hotter, "butt-burning red", as I quote them precisely.

Name:	Hot-Seat-96.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	111447

Oh, Gosh, I looked at the file date...20 years ago?!

Help!

-g

Default A Magician selling playing cards

Graeme is a nice, fellow and all that, but he wanted an image-heavy, content-light website, and the creative group I worked with agreed that a lot of Photoshopping Graeme's head on CG bodies would pull the whole site together. And it was fun thinking up and creating all of Graeme's characters:

Name:	Magician_Graeme_FINAL.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	111520
    Last edited by Gare; 15 January 2016 at 04:31 PM.

Default Re: Your Secret is Safe :)

Hi Gare, I came across one of your tutorials it was logo in the shape of an egg with a couple of ellipses cut out which created an nice shiny "E" shape - I have just upgraded to X11 and would like to try it out but I can't find it! do you have a list of all your tutorials? - Best Regards Geoff H

Default Links to Xara Xone tutorials

Hi Geoff—

Here is the repository of my video tutorials. Frances Proctor stepped in and has a tutorial on this list, too.

Here is the 2012 to 2015 repository of written tutorials of which there are several guest tutorials written by our talented membership, such as Frances, Bob Taylor, Paul, Rik Datta and others.

Now, these are only links to my stewardship of The Xara Xone; Gary Priester put the original 15+ years into the Xone.

Gary Priester's Xara Xone work.

Geoff, I cannot remember presenting a tutorial with ellipses resulting in an "e" shape. but then again, I usually don't know the day of the week, so if you can't find what you need on either of the top two links, go to Mr. Priester's archive, okay?

Name:	Lava-LampThankYou.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	111508

My Best,

—gary

Default Up in Arms

Name:	Arm-Chair.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	111516

...it's an arm chair, okay, and no, I'm not competing with igor.

His threads are pun-ishment enough!

Name:  smsmirk.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  4.1 KB

Default Rock & chair

Name:	Rockin'_chair.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	111518

...this can only go so far...

Default Re: Rock & chair

Hey, I like the chair, Gary!

I might try making a couple for the grandkids. I have a few sheets of bending plywood left from a project x number of years ago.

Default Reneé Mackintosh chairs

Thanks, Mike!

I wonder if you could work off a DXF file to recreate the chair, if you were interested. Or 3D print it! :)

I must say that I laboriously copied that chair from a small, unaccredited thumbnail on a Chinese free models site. As well as the "arm chair". I think I have a third, as well, and will do a separate post on them, as part of a collection.

Now, here's what I love, and again, had to model the chairs from a photo. Reneé Mackintosh was the spearhead of the European Arts & Crafts movement: a brilliant designer n just about every medium: ornaments, furniture, you name it. The closest American equivalent, I think, is the Mission furniture, especially the work of Gustav Stickley. Some will argue that today's Stickey furniture, still in the family, isn't of the quality of the first Stickley pieces.

Name:	Mackintosh-chairs.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	111521

And like Mackintosh, the chairs look a look nicer than they are to sit upon! Form over function, once again! :(

-g