Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hi folk,
    I have been trying to logon for two days. I have been using Internet Explorer and all I can get is the opening flash screen, I am using Netscape now.
    Is anyone else having problems or do I need to do Open Heart Surgery on this machine???

Greg.
    IP

stu. the general app that will be ported to os x will be the 3d animation stuff that has unix coding already. os x is problematic in that it is a completely new os. programmers of older mac apps will have to eventually rewrite their entire code to cocoa if they are to achieve the full performance gain of os x. this is still a few years away.

~g~@
    IP

Greg myself and a few other have been having trouble as well,so you are not alone,but according to admin there is nothing wrong and all has been 24/7 as normal [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,although I do have to say whatever was wrong seems to be better at my end now {fingers crossed}

Oh ya I am using IE as well.I found that the only page I had any trouble with was Talkgraphics,every other page I visited behaved fine with IE.

Ghi have you thought of upgrading to OS 10 yet?,I am waiting for all the drivers I will be needing myself [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.
    IP

Hi Stu,
    Thanks for the info. The Problem seems to have been fixed.

Thanks again,
    Greg
    IP

stu

don't have 10 yet for the iMac or G4. 10.0.4 is on my laptop, currently waiting to get 10.1 for it. i'm going to wait till i get a new computer. mostly worried about printer drivers. yet to see any mention of the epson 1200 driver for os x on the epson site.

hey monnabat. how ya doin'? trouble with the computer again?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

anybody know where athena's gone?

g-
    IP

Hi Stecyk,
    I think my computer problem was not on my end.

Have no idea where Athena is.

Greg
    IP

I forgot to say that Terragen is an incredible 2d landscape generator,and its free for Windows at this time,and hopefully free for Mac when they release it at a later date.Greg check it out I think you would really like it,it is really impressive software for creating landscapes,the best I have ever seen anyway.

Ghi I am using 9.1 to be on the safe side [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,I think they have a driver for my 1270 but I am not positive about that .

Where for art though Athena?

Stu.
    IP

Hi there, my friends,

I don't have a Mac, but a friend of mine has one, a new one, and she called me from NY for hours and hours...in the middle of the night here. But her enthusiasm made me wide awake, and I feel so happy for her. She was just like a little girl who got a father christmas present.

But to come to the point: she has a prog that allows her to run winbased software on her G4, so if you're interested: it exists. (must be something like Wine for unix and linux systems)

There is also one grrreat soft that is only for Mac (unfortunately for me) and it is called Artmatic. If I'm not mistaken, it is by the "father" of Bryce himself.

www.artmatic.com

and to see some great art made in it:

www.bmacleod.com/gallery.html

sigh...

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

erik. i have Virtual PC also. it is not that great for running windows graphics programs since the emulation is so slow. mind you version 4 is supposed to be faster. personally i'm looking forward to the G5 power mac to come out. but then i'll have to put out more money on upgrades?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

coreldraw 8 won't work on 9.2 so i'll have to upgrade to draw 10. blah. hope they have all the needed service packs by then.....

g-
    IP

~ˇ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	am%20flag%20pict.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	10150  
    IP