Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi Stecyk,
    Looking good my friend.
    IP

yeah, that's what Olga also told me. She's got a dualboot with OSX and 9.2. She says that she doesn't understand X, and that it will take quite a long time before it will be generally accepted. As it is based on UNIX (does Steve Jobbs feel the breath of Linux in his neck?) lots of things will have to go through a deep change, I guess.

And Draw10...I have 9 and I won't upgrade anymore, although a friend of mine uses 10 daily and never has any problems. I suppose he's lucky that his job is always on the safe side of Draw because I've read other, less pleasant messages.

Still, OSX is really beautiful ,and, as it often happened in the past, the Win imitation, XP ( short for eXtra Problems?) is only a poor imitation. (I use Win2K which is very reliable. Luckily for me. And as I prefer a neutral grey background for everything, I'm well off).

By the way: Olga can even burn DVD's. And, probably because the G5 is already waiting to make his dazzling entry, the G4's prices are going down...Gosh, if I see what they pay in the US and what it costs here in Europe with VAT and income taxes etc etc...we pay at least 50% more.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

i'm eventually going to have to convert to the new platform eventually. unlike the windows world where the general gui and iterface doesn't change much from 95->XP ( w2k/nt 5, xp/nt 5.1 ), the Os 9x to Os X jump is quit different. the os actually works different. going to have to get use to it somehow. very bright!"
    IP

Hi guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Erik I thought OSX was Linux based not Unix,I might be right off there though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,I will go and have a nosey.

Ghi I heard through a reasonably reliable source that the G5 could come out as up too 1.6ghz with room for 16g of memory,we will have to wait and see on that score though.

Ps a dual 800 G4 here is about $9500 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

Nope youre right Erik its Unix.I would have preferred Linux as well [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP