Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default drop down menu navbar not working correctly on Ipad and iphone

I have a variant website designed in Xara designer pro X11 64 bit. I have a horizontal navbar on the site with one menu link that has a drop down for some sub pages.

All works well in the PC and Android world but as usual the Apple products are reacting flaky.

When the user selects the top sub menu on this drop down they go to the linked page as expected. If they try to use the drop down again nothing happens (the sub menus never drop down). If the page is refreshed all works normal again. If the apple device is rotated all is normal again. If you repeat the drop down without the refresh of some kind the drop down ceases to work.

Any ideas?

Also why is the site so much slower in loading on the bloody Apple products?

Default Re: drop down menu navbar not working correctly on Ipad and iphone

Hi Noah and welcome to TalkGraphics

This is a known issue which should be fixed soon, though I am not sure if it was fixed in this latest patch. You could file a support request at http://support.xara.com

Drop-down menus were not working on my iPad 3 (OS 9) Chrome browser. I think I found a good workaround:

Right-click on the navbar > Web Animation > Remove all mouse-over and click-effect animations

This seems to be a new feature at X11 which is still incompatible with some browsers.
    webahoy(dot)com

Hi maxtrac,

The problem you have mentioned is different to the one in the original post, and only affects chrome on iOS devices.