Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: New tool for registry tweaking

Rubem, thank your for your update and positive feedback.

For XRE002, I meant the hint information to be save to the XML file, not the Registry.
    For XRE003, if have have an XML file form a friend I may open it and make a change to an entry I like and adopt it. but not want to apply anything else as it might be good for them but not for me.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

No matter which option I try to change, I always get this error message.
    Any reason?

However, the change gets applied.
    But, the error message is unwelcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xre-error.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	109904  

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rubem, thank your for your update and positive feedback.

For XRE002, I meant the hint information to be save to the XML file, not the Registry.
    For XRE003, if have have an XML file form a friend I may open it and make a change to an entry I like and adopt it. but not want to apply anything else as it might be good for them but not for me.

Acorn
    I had an aha! moment this morning.
    I've only just realised that the XML entries are just exposing the entries for one to change them.
    What is concerning me is that when I check my actual Registry, the entries XRE is displaying seem to be different to these.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cool! I look forward to trying it out. Thanks Rubem.

I have a problem with Webroot Secure Anywhere. It thinks there is something dangerous and deletes the .exe file.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    No matter which option I try to change, I always get this error message.
    Any reason?

However, the change gets applied.
    But, the error message is unwelcome.
    noticed that last night too after looking at his source code cos i thought the changes weren't being reflected but they actually are. so except for the false error message it seems like it's working and is very easily personalized to include (or remove) the entries that you are concerned with

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I had an aha! moment this morning.
    I've only just realised that the XML entries are just exposing the entries for one to change them.
    What is concerning me is that when I check my actual Registry, the entries XRE is displaying seem to be different to these.

Acorn
    when you open the xml is the <RegistryRoot> setting at the top matching the proper xara version in regedit you're looking at? i've modded a few and with different values in the same entries and it displays each version correctly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xre image.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	109910  
    Last edited by mikeymopar; 06 September 2015 at 03:54 PM.

To all:

Just posted a new version lots of banners, please download it. I've now separated the source code from the executable which I believe will make things easier for all. The good news: I've made a number of improvements in error detection. If there is a fatal error, XRE will display a clean message then exit (or show an empty UI, that depends on the error). For non-fatal warnings and unknown errors, a red link will appear. Click it and you'll have the error message in a separate window. Please download and use it!!!
    Rubem Pechansky

I have a problem with Webroot Secure Anywhere. It thinks there is something dangerous and deletes the .exe file.
    The executable is clean, of course. Maybe this software is overzealous. It seems you can restore the executable, see here.
    Rubem Pechansky

you're making it too easy Rubem
    no more error message and the startup menu is sweet. now i don't need individual folders.
    very generous. THX!

I get errors after trying to change anything.

I am using the new version: XRE 1.0.2

EDIT: Also, on your site (http://hypervisual.com/xre/help/introduction.html) you should put the version number next to 'Latest version'. Then the visitor will know whether it's worth downloading.
    Last edited by Rik; 06 September 2015 at 09:06 PM.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone